Zoners: Your Top 5 Most Desirable Cities?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I got a pretty decent thread started with the Top 5 Most Undesirable Cities...now, in your opinion, where are the top 5 for you that are desirable?

We're getting ready to run out for our Christmas Eve dinner with the family, but I'll go ahead and say that I think my #1 city is in fact Dallas, TX having visited twice and loved it. Although, I have heard that Austin is tops in Texas.

The rest for me are:

#2 - Washington DC
#3 - Charlotte, NC
#4 - New York, NY
#5 - Seattle, WA

Honorable Mentions: Chicago IL, Portland OR, Annapolis MD (yes I know the Naval Academy is there...yes it's unfortunate that the Naval Academy is bringing down an otherwise awesome city!)

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
1. Seattle, WA - I just moved here and it was by choice. I love the scenery, the culture, etc.
2. San Francisco, CA - Beautiful with just about the perfect weather for me.
3. Dallas, TX - Basically where I grew up and lived until just a couple of weeks ago. It'll always have a spot in my heart. :D
4. New Orleans, LA - I like the touristy spots. It's a place I've visited a couple of times and wanna go back.
5. Austin, TX - If you were to pick a a city in Texas, this would be the one IMO. The only reason it doesn't beat out Dallas is because I lived in Dallas for 30 years.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't gone many places where I would want to live. Just because I'm pretty laidback about most things and my only concern tends to be cost of living. I like to live comfortable.

1. Chicago
2. Houston (I live here)
3. NYC if not for cost of living
4. Vegas
5. North Dallas (If I just HAD to live anywhere else in Texas)

Honorable mention: San Fran (Only visited once, but would like to go back)

I've been a few other places, but none I was overly impressed by.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
1. Burlington, VT...best small city in the U.S. IMO.
2. Annapolis, MD
3. Boston, MA
4. Telluride, CO....although it's really not big enough to be considered a "city".
5. Anywhere else where you experience all four seasons, people don't sit on their ***** all day, you can find good fishing and other outdoor activities, and can experience a relative amount of "city life" in the vicinity.

Honorable mentions: Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; San Diego, CA; Portland, OR; Reno, NV; Charlotte, NC; and Seattle, WA.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Rapid City South Dakota - went to College there
Casper Wyoming -
West of Denver Co -Leadvilles CO - went to College there
Steam Boat Springs CO

or a little Warmer

Santa FE NM

oh by the way I love the Rocky mountains

East Coast have to go Portland Maine

xout

Believer
Reaction score
1. Charleston, SC (Awesome town, visited twice on vacation and fell in love with the culture and scenery.)
2. Austin
3. Dallas
4. San Antonio

can't think of city 5... no where else even comes close to these top 4.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
1. Dallas, TX. Obvious reason for me.

2. Washington, DC. I could work at the Smithsonian and be a very happy guy. I love History and DC is resplendent with it.

3. Tucson, AZ. I really am quite happy where I am.

4. San Diego, CA. If you have never been, you can't imagine how perfect the weather is. The only place in CA I could ever live even though I do like Frisco as a place to visit.

5. San Antonio, TX. Love the Riverwalk area and the History.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
I lived in Dallas for 36 years and plan on getting back there as soon as I can. I am home sick for Big D.

nflandbooze

Reaction score
1.) San Diego, CA
2.) Austin, TX
3.) Aspen, CO
4.) Virginia Beach, VA
5.) Minneapolis, MN

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
1. Fort Collins, CO. if you've been there, you know why.
2. Durango, CO. See above
3. Dallas. Of all the big cities, this is the best IMO.
4. Seattle. Very, very nice
5. Santa Fe, NM. Just something about it.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I wish I could list San Diego among my favorites but I've never been.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
casmith07;3759852 said:
I wish I could list San Diego among my favorites but I've never been.
You would love it. Deep sea fishing off H & M Landing. The bomb.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hostile;3759885 said:
You would love it. Deep sea fishing off H & M Landing. The bomb.

Swordfish? I ate swordfish once and it was outstanding.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Bump for the new week! This is a good thread for new vacation spots.

Reaction score
1) Toronto
2) Toronto
3) Toronto
4)Toronto

Seriously, I dont know. Cant say much lol. I haven't been to many places in the states. I've been to Chicago and New York where I have family. No where else.

I've been living in Washington for 2 years now. I love it. Beautiful city.

But Toronto>>>>>>All

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3765806 said:
1) Toronto
2) Toronto
3) Toronto
4)Toronto

Seriously, I dont know. Cant say much lol. I haven't been to many places in the states. I've been to Chicago and New York where I have family. No where else.

I've been living in Washington for 2 years now. I love it. Beautiful city.

But Toronto>>>>>>All

I'm considering Toronto or Montreal, possibly over my spring break...pros and cons of both?

I'm also considering San Diego. All the posts with SD in their top 5s made me think long and hard about flying out to LA and borrowing my aunt's '66 Malibu and cruising down to SD for a long weekend.

Reaction score
casmith07;3766123 said:
I'm considering Toronto or Montreal, possibly over my spring break...pros and cons of both?

I'm also considering San Diego. All the posts with SD in their top 5s made me think long and hard about flying out to LA and borrowing my aunt's '66 Malibu and cruising down to SD for a long weekend.

Toronto:
Pros:Diverse city with every kind of food, person, music you could think of, Everyone is so friendly, Downtown Toronto is unbelievable, ranks up there with New York, Chicago etc. Great shopping, restaurants, nightlife is amazing. One of the best nightlifes in NA. Women are great, trust me ;) and a very safe city.

Cons: Its very expensive, especially downtown. WHat isn't now a days, though. Transit kind of sucks VERY EXPENSIVE TRANSIT, lots of homeless dudes, pretty polluted, not exactly what you'd call a beautiful city (architecture wise)

Montreal:
Pros: DRINKING AGE IS 18 - not that it matters to you lol (it did for me 3 years ago), its also pretty diverse and multi cultural (not as much as Toronto ofcourse) Montreal has much more European influence, lots of european people, beautiful city, night life is the best in Canada, lots of clubs and bars, shopping is great, amazing food. Best women in Canada. Period.

Cons: People are SNOBBY AND RUDE. I've been there 4 times and that really pissed me off. Extremely rude people. It to is very expensive. (Toronto and Montreal are the most expensive cities in Canada), Montreal is a predominantly French speaking city so if you don't speak a word of it, you'll kind of be lost, you won't enjoy it as much, all signs are in French and not one is in English (some are). Thats currently a big issue here. Montrealers are really into themselves. They won't obey Canadian Laws (hence street signs) at one point they wanted to make Quebec its own country. Lots of criminal activity(mafia)

You can't go wrong with either. Both great cities, that was a really detailed pro/cons. Just remember Montrealers are into themselves. And if you go to Montreal, especially for spring break, woman are nuts. Hottest women in NA IMO.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
casmith07;3759517 said:
I got a pretty decent thread started with the Top 5 Most Undesirable Cities...now, in your opinion, where are the top 5 for you that are desirable?

We're getting ready to run out for our Christmas Eve dinner with the family, but I'll go ahead and say that I think my #1 city is in fact Dallas, TX having visited twice and loved it. Although, I have heard that Austin is tops in Texas.

The rest for me are:

#2 - Washington DC
#3 - Charlotte, NC
#4 - New York, NY
#5 - Seattle, WA

Honorable Mentions: Chicago IL, Portland OR, Annapolis MD (yes I know the Naval Academy is there...yes it's unfortunate that the Naval Academy is bringing down an otherwise awesome city!)

Live in... or visit...