Zune (MP3 Player)

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
I am in need of another music player after my 4G iPod took a crap. I'm thinking of getting Microsoft's Zune.

Anyone have one? How does it compare it the newer iPod models?

locked&loaded

Reaction score
look at reviews from cnet and circuit city. i was going to buy this but i figured this is the first one and i coudl wait until they perfect everything. also possibly the best feature (sharing) i have no one to share it with. also you can only play the shared song 3 times. Arent you able to just trade your ipod in?

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
locked&loaded;1490786 said:
look at reviews from cnet and circuit city. i was going to buy this but i figured this is the first one and i coudl wait until they perfect everything. also possibly the best feature (sharing) i have no one to share it with. also you can only play the shared song 3 times. Arent you able to just trade your ipod in?
I have no warranty for it and it's over two years old. I don't think I want to pay to get it fixed.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
I would hold off on Zune, the first model didn't sell too well and word is it was rushed for Christmas season (One of my personal gripes about Zune was you couldn't access the hard drive), hopefully Microsoft learns from their mistakes and version 2.0 will be a better product.

Also if you're using a 4gig IPod then I'm assuming you either have a Mini or a flash-based player, i.e. a small one. I have a 4gig Mini (Using the old hard drive) and moved up to an 80gig IPod...let's just say I now appreciate the small size of the old player (But I do love the 80 gigs). Reason I mention this is the Zune is even larger than an IPod video so when you shop ask if you can hold one in your hand and make sure it's not too large/heavy to carry around.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1492845 said:
The IPOD the most overly hyped gadget on the market today.

Regardless of whether its overly hyped (and it is), it is a far superior product in terms of quality than anything Apples' competitors are putting out. I'd spend the extra loot for an Ipod over a Zune anyday.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1492845 said:
The IPOD the most overly hyped gadget on the market today.
Hi Steve Ballmer, how's life hanging for you?

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
GTaylor;1492772 said:
I would hold off on Zune, the first model didn't sell too well and word is it was rushed for Christmas season (One of my personal gripes about Zune was you couldn't access the hard drive), hopefully Microsoft learns from their mistakes and version 2.0 will be a better product.

Also if you're using a 4gig IPod then I'm assuming you either have a Mini or a flash-based player, i.e. a small one. I have a 4gig Mini (Using the old hard drive) and moved up to an 80gig IPod...let's just say I now appreciate the small size of the old player (But I do love the 80 gigs). Reason I mention this is the Zune is even larger than an IPod video so when you shop ask if you can hold one in your hand and make sure it's not too large/heavy to carry around.
I had the 40 gig model and I think the space was perfect for me.

The reason i'm interested in the Zune is because I don't want another iPod. I want to try something else. Right now i'm using my sisters 2 gig Nano until I purchase another mp3 player.

I was looking at zunescene.com and although a bit biased I liked some of the stuff I read. I like some of the little things that you can do with it (custom wallpaper) and the colors (BROWN!) so, i'm kind of leaning towards Zune right now. I don't want to wait another 6 months to a year for the Zune 2.0 because I need my music NOW.

The only negative for me (so far) is the software. I have the Zune software installed and iTunes is waaay better.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
i have a zune, dont really use it. i'd be willing to sell it for 150. if anybodys interested. if u want to see it let me know and ill post pictures. but a brief description is its the brown one, with earphones. the magnet outter casing, aswell as a car charging adapter.

anybody interested let me know

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
I love my Zune. Check out Zuneboards.com, it's a great online community.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
LatinMind;1494802 said:
i have a zune, dont really use it. i'd be willing to sell it for 150. if anybodys interested. if u want to see it let me know and ill post pictures. but a brief description is its the brown one, with earphones. the magnet outter casing, aswell as a car charging adapter.

anybody interested let me know
You'd sell all that for $150?

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
dangerdoom4124;1495478 said:
Thanks, i'll check it out.

Once you register for the board, the media section becomes available. You can download movies, TV shows, etc.. that are already formatted for your Zune. There is a pretty good selection available.

They also have the latest hacks and mods, wallpapers, troubleshooting, firmware downloads, etc...

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
dangerdoom4124;1495461 said:
You'd sell all that for $150?

yeah, its not new, but its not messed up either. it has 1 little dent on a corner where i dropped it. but the screen and body is clean. screen isnt scratched.

i've checked on ebay, and most are selling in that range 150 - 200 used.

and the magnet outer casing, im speaking about the earphones. as they have a small magnet on the outer casing that lets them stick together.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Eh, I ended up buying one today. I had a $100 gift card at best buy and my sister spotted me the rest as a graduation present.

:D

BTW, it's brown.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
T-New41;1495649 said:
Once you register for the board, the media section becomes available. You can download movies, TV shows, etc.. that are already formatted for your Zune. There is a pretty good selection available.

They also have the latest hacks and mods, wallpapers, troubleshooting, firmware downloads, etc...
cool, I just registered.

:)

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I dropped my iPod on a tile floor Friday, and it is on the fritz. Mine is a 2004 20 gig. It still has the green screen. I have no intentions on buying a new one or any other media player. I will be sending this one in for repair.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1498177 said:
I dropped my iPod on a tile floor Friday, and it is on the fritz. Mine is a 2004 20 gig. It still has the green screen. I have no intentions on buying a new one or any other media player. I will be sending this one in for repair.
Yeah, I dropped my G4 40 GIG from the bleachers at my High School. I would say that was the beginning of my iPod's downfall!