1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: “4th and Long” Recap: Premiere episode

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 19, 2009.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,709 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Though it gets a little hokey at times listening to Michael Irvin bark cliched phrases at this group of almost-weres, the inherent drama in a real, NFL-worthy training session is hard to fake. Make that, vomiting after running several 110 yard sprints is hard to fake.

You can tell that over time, the defensive back/wide receiver rivalry is going to get a little old, but the puking, well, the puking can't really ever get old. The constant mentioning of the Dallas Cowboys, however, is old already.

In the first episode, Stephen Andrews, a 2006 College of New Jersey graduate, was the first to get the line, "Maybe you can play for somebody, but it won't be for Dallas." Ouch. Stephen was a defensive back who claimed he didn't perform well enough at the NFL combine, hence why he's not in the league. More painful than watching Andrews get kicked off the show is reading the article on NJ.com, in which Andrews has already been through the show but is not allowed to tell the paper his result. The upbeat nature of it kills you once you know he was the first one canned.

Posted by Erin

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2009/may/18/4th-and-long-recap-premiere-episode/
  2. lspain1

lspain1 Active Member

4,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree with this and the show was worth watching. While I didn't think Irvin was all that great on ESPN, I think he did very well as a "dramatic" actor on 4th and Long. I'll keep watching particularly in this, the dry season of the NFL calendar.
  3. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,654 Messages
    574 Likes Received
    It was better than I expected. Irvin plays up to the camera a tad too much...but thats just him. Next week with battles in the rain and mudd is must see.
  4. Mitcha68

Mitcha68 Member

272 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I thought it was better than I expected too.

IMHO I think Mike would make a good coach.
  5. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I liked it.

:)
  6. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,623 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I liked Mike when he was on the field barking at the players individually, he was pretty intense, which was funny as hell. Didn't care for him when he was talking to the group, felt like he was reading froma que card.