1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

09 Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by DaBoys4Life, Dec 10, 2008.

1. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    2. Eric Wood C Louisville 6-4 308 It may be to early for this guy however one thing is for certain. Proctor needs to go this is his replacement.

3. Rashad Johnson FS Alamba 6-0 190 he will add depth and help ST. Brown Davis and whoever is back there is garbage. This is probably our weakest position right now.

4. Ramses Barden WR Cal Poly 6-6 224 206 catches 4,200 yards 50 TD's.

5. Worrell Williams ILB Cal 6-1 248 has 3-4 experience provides instant depth and forces us to do something with Barbie Carpenter.

5. Jarron Gilbert DT San Jose State 6-5 280 run stuffer. Our DE''s have been good however he will only improve our run defense.

6. Phillip Hunt DE Houston 6-2 260 One of those hybrid type lineman that will get moved to OLB. You can never have to many pass rushers....Greg Ellis is on his way out and Justin Rogers was never in......

7. Garrett Reynolds OT North Carolina 6-7 310 Colombo is locked up Flo is getting up there. OL depth.....

7. Tyler Roehl FB North Dakota St. 5-10 232 sort of a hybrid type back. He listed as a FB but i think they been using him at RB. He's rushed for 1,000 yards and he can catch. I think Anderson is gone....he should be he sucks......
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,272 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    I haven't really started getting into the draft, but I like most of your choices. However, one thing I'm pretty sure of is that we will be trading all over the place.

Personally, I'd love to see up give up some of these picks to try and get a guy like Terrence Cody, though I doubt it'll happen.

I'm a sucker for the tall WR's too, but I don't know much about Barden, is he quick at all?

One thing you may be missing is a young QB, unless you think we get one in FA.
  3. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,807 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    i feel Wood can be had anywhere between the 4-5 rounds. i like the pick though and have had him in my mock. We definitely need a legit backup Center, someone who can push Gurode, and also step in in case of injury and our offense not really skip a beat.

i would like C Jonathan Luigs of Arkansas, and wouldnt mind drafting him and moving him to G. He is an awesome lineman.

I also like johnson, gilbert, and hunt
  4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    meh..

Wood in the 2nd and Barden in the 4th kind of ruin it for me, not that impressed with Hunt
  5. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think we either sign an UDFA or we bring in a veteran backup. Or do both I can't see us having a rookie behind Romo. Terrance Cody may not come out this year and if he does he's most likely going in the top 15. I like him a lot to and if we could get him I'm all for it. IDK if he's quick or if he's just dominating against the lack of talent we'll just have to see how the senior bowl and combine goes.

I want a C and I think Wood is good bringing and I don't think the 2nd round is to early and I really want Proctor off the team......

What's not to like about Hunt? Barden is good the 4th maybe to late for him depending on his combine results he might sky rocket up the draft boards if he runs a 4.5 or below....he might be first round material. Wood is good in the second or you could just switch Rashad and Wood and feel better?
  6. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    just not that impressed, I like a few guys more than him:

Larry English
    Connor Barwin
    Cody Brown
    Victor Butler
    Slade Norris
    Nick Reed

I doubt it

I just don't like the idea of a lineman high in the draft
  7. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ah i see when would you draft a lineman?

I like Connor Barwin I wanted to include him but then I would of have to change it around. If i take wood out of the second round and add Barwin then drop hunt and add a random lineman IDK because Wood is good.

I may be a little to high on Ramses but he's definitely going to be getting a lot of buzz at the combine. You don't think that some one of his size running under 4.5 isn't a 1st round prospect?
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    mid-rounds at the earliest

but besides, this draft is loaded with OTs, I'd rather we draft one and move him to OG, than move a C to OG

1st of all, I don't see Barden running under a 4.5, I see him as around a 4.5-4.55

2nd of all, there are alot of prospects like him who are too big and too stiff to succeed at WR in the NFL, I'd have to see some reports on how fluid an athlete he is, and how fluid he is running routes and catching the football before I put him above the 5th-6th round, because you don't see many 6'5" 220lb. receivers in the NFL for the reason that they are too big and too tall to seperate well enough
  9. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I had us drafting Reynolds. I don't want to move a C to OG i want the Center to play Center.
    I can dig it.
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    gross.
  11. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  12. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What's gross the Reynolds pick or me wanting a C to play C?

thanks for the input.....:rolleyes:
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,272 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    I wonder if he'll get himself banned this draft period as well.
  14. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Another quality post from the ****** gallery!
  15. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One can only hope.....:D

:rolleyes:
  16. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,272 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    Keep it up, you'll get yourself banned (again) just in time for the draft.
  17. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :pray:

I'd love to be able to come back to the draft forum. Someone PM me when this happens.
  18. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :muttley:
  19. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    O.K. goofy!
    :rolleyes:
  20. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why??
    So you can make stuff up and have no one call you on your BS?
    No wonder you want me banned! LOL