1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

'10 Camaro Pricing

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by the kid 05, Oct 14, 2008.

1. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I got this from my buddies at camaroz28.com (jasond) who got the word from the camaro team them selfs. Also ordering has begun as of Oct 13th :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Route 66

Route 66 Well-Known Member

3,362 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    First of all, I would never buy the first run of these things. Second, I would rather spend an extra $6k-$7k and get a base model Vette than the loaded SS which I was considering.

3. the kid 05

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    If i can come up with the loot i will but with school and debt i doubt i will. Can't really go wrong with either Vette or Camaro but if you go vette why not zo6?

4. Route 66

3,362 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Z06 is a little too steep for my pocketbook for the next 5 years. I can get the new Vette though with the 2LT, exhaust and Z51 for 46k. I was also looking at the GXP coming out to replace my current GXP since there is a noticeable increase in power.

5. the kid 05

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    which gxp? g6 or grand prix?

6. Route 66

3,362 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    I have the current GP GXP with the 5.3. I like it but the power is only "brisk" in that car. 0-60 5.7 needs to be below 5 seconds.

7. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

8,624 Messages
    1,897 Likes Received
    Ordered a Challenger tonight. Had anticipated getting a Camaro originally, but once I saw the Challenger in person and saw that there was a v8 that wasn't $40,000 base price, the Camaro didn't have a prayer. The Challenger just looks so much better. And I really like the Camaro too, much better than my current Mustang. I'm even bypassing the GM discount I am eligible for to get the Challenger instead.

8. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    2 Likes Received

Agreed. We have a new Challenger on the floor here at my dealership. It is black and a local painter did a special pain job on it. It has a great flame job on both sides.

The car looks SICK.

9. the kid 05

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I have no doubt you made the right choice...in getting rid of the rustang ;). all jokes aside the only "bone" i have to pick about the challenger is its the same engine/tranny as the charger they could have at least given it a beefer stronger engine but still a top notch car

10. ChldsPlay

8,624 Messages
    1,897 Likes Received
    Well the SRT still has more HP than the Camaro, but that ones a bit too much for me.

11. ChldsPlay

8,624 Messages
    1,897 Likes Received
    what color flames? pictures??

I was so tempted to get black because it just looks amazing, but black gets dirty way too easy and I work in a cave so it would be even worse. Went with Silver.

Found out I was lucky too as they were able to change an order that they were already getting to match what I wanted. So instead of them making a new order from scratch and me waiting 2 months or so, the car should be built here in the next few days.

12. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Ill see if I can swing by the dealership otw home from work. There is a GORGEOUS Berry/Wine colored Viper right next to it.

I would still take the Challenger though. I love the car.

Congratulations. I might trade my 300c in for one this summer. We shall see. I love my 300 though. :)

13. the kid 05

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    3 more hp ;)

butt 4,140 (that slapstick bs) lbs with fully i.r.s. (challenger) compared to 3,860 (manual) lbs with fully i.r.s. (camaro ss) ;) difference of 280 lbs which adds to be alot

(found this pic while searching for weight :eek::cool:)

[​IMG]