1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

100 Days, 100 Mistakes

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by sacase, Apr 29, 2009.

1. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,288 Messages
    71 Likes Received
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,084 Messages
    4,428 Likes Received
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,706 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Well him thanking himself because he was reading from the teleprompter was kinda classic..

I didn't read the whole list, but I think all the folks he selected with tax issues should be tops.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,084 Messages
    4,428 Likes Received
    Oh I am sure there are a many mistakes there...but this constant harping about using a teleprompter just amuses me.

I guess nobody remembers Ronald giving some of the best speeches ever using...a teleprompter.

Heck if W used a teleprompter a tad more he might not have came across as such a goof...well maybe.:D
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,043 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received
    The single largest mistake, IMO, will be to allow Pelosi and that gang to be so partisan in how congress is run. In effect, for better or for worse, this has put the President in a position where all the woes of the American people can linked directly back to a heavily Democratic Congress. It is an all or none type scenario and the law of averages says that in the space of 2 to 4 years, the tide will eventually turn. If/when this happens, the fact that the Republicans have basically been ignored could prove to be very costly for the Democrats. It is basically their show 100% right now.

God forbid anything happens to our country that can be linked back to terrorist or unfriendly nations. If this should occure, then the handling of the CIA and what has been allowed to take place to our intelligence community will take center stage and the President himself will be crucified.
  6. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    5. "The White House says the President is unaware of the tea parties."

This is a Mistake of Epic Proportions.

Brilliant work in this article.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,048 Messages
    3,515 Likes Received
    I did not believe it when it was said he did not know about the tea parties now I do believe he did not know about the tea parties, heck he did not know someone was taking Air Force 1 on a joy ride. :laugh2:
  8. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received

First to go last to know.

:p:
  9. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,363 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    I agree with WG, whether joking around, or being serious. Those picks are not going to go away. Now granted, some have hard jobs and their success wont be seen til later, okay i am on board with that. The mere fact all of his picks had problems related to taxes and or money in one way or another is just wrong.

He knew full well coming into this presidency he was going to be on the wrong side and he knew full well coming the media put him on a stool that was way above the clouds so he should have been a LOT more careful.
  10. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,038 Messages
    144 Likes Received

Well, the way was shown to them when the Republicans, in full control, did essentially the same thing. Now I agree, if they screw it up, they will reap what they have sown. That happened recently too...

Too man politicians worrying about power and re-elections and too few really concerned with the welfare of the country.

As for the CIA dudgeon, I don't think that is anything that's a recent occurance. Ran across this recently. http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1838089,00.html
    which was an interesting read. Would like to see Sacase's take on it, as he is in closer than most.
  11. arglebargle

5,038 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    In the spirit of the original OP:

"14. Executives at AIG get $165 million in bonuses, despite receiving an $173 billion taxpayer bailout"

These guys (and many others) should be getting investigated for fraud and other connivances, not getting bonuses.

The unregulated financial industries are rotten at the top.
  12. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I've got my own #1
    [IMG]
  13. ABQCOWBOY

35,043 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received
    You want to finger point, that's fine with me but I am curious, what do you mean by this statement?

Well, the way was shown to them when the Republicans, in full control, did essentially the same thing.

You are correct thou, it won't help them if the economy continues to go south. It absolutely won't help if there is another occurance of terrorism on American soil.
  14. arglebargle

5,038 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    I don't consider figuring out what went wrong (or right) to be finger pointing. If you don't know how things got screwed (or worked well), you can't as easilly avoid the problem next time.

The last administration came in under a similar 'friendly bi-partisan' tale. As soon as possible, it cut out the opposing party as much as possible. Things like the K Street Project were examples of this. No (or as little as possible) input from those who disagreed with you.

Now if this administration does the same thing, they will absolutely be held fully responsible for whatever happens under their watch. If it becomes a case of ''Oh, time to get ours!", then it will probably fail.

Toxic partisanship is bad for the country.
  15. ABQCOWBOY

35,043 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received
    The K Street Project? Your talking about the Mid 90s thing, during the Clinton Admin? I don't know that there is anything at all to that. The Hill Report basically said that there was no real evidence to support claims that the GOP was forcing Lobbiest to hire Republicans. Even today, it's still like 30% Republican, 60% Dem down on K Street. If you look back at what has happened over the last 8 years, I think you could make a case that it's the Democrats who are enjoying the lions share of Lobbiest support. I know this. The last time the Republican Party had real control over Congress, not talking majority, talking a big enough majority to force policy, we absolutely gave a voice to the minority Dems. That has not happened in this Administration.

I do, however, agree with you. Toxic partnership is bad for the Country.
  16. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :worthy2: :bravo:

I agree
  17. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,363 Messages
    568 Likes Received

I dont view this as a mistake so much as i do a security blanket. I said it before ill say it again. Go ahead Impeach me, heres whats up next.
  18. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    They once said that a black man would be president in the US when pigs fly. His first 100 days and BAM....................................

Swine Flu.:eek:
  19. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,716 Messages
    95 Likes Received
  20. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I don't even know if the guy can talk on his own. He is always being force fed words straight through the machine. I would like to know if he can think for himself at least once I guess. Everything is always prepared for him. Even I could speak "great" if I had everything in front of me all the time.