1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

12/12/12 Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by robert70x7, Dec 12, 2012.

1. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Obviously with bowl season coming up, rankings will be shuffled like no other, but I've been looking at scenarios for the Cowboys.

18. Ezekiel Ansah, BYU - Defense, 6'6'', 273 lbs

[IMG]

If this guy can ever figure it out, he would make a big impact across our defensive line. Has all of the physical tools and I think his versatility in college playing multiple positions will serve him well in the NFL. Athletic freak with a good motor, his stock will continue to rise.

50. Larry Warford, Kentucky - Guard, 6'3'', 325 lbs

[IMG]

This would be a good position to take the best offensive lineman available. It's amazing Tony has survived this year. Bernadeau and Livings are not long term solutions and I think they go after a tackle via free agency to replace Free.

82. Bacarri Rambo, Georgia - Safety, 6'0'', 206 lbs

[IMG]

I don't like many of the names stacked at this round for us besides John Simon, Kenjon Barner, Ed Lacy and Rambo. I don't think the Cowboys would draft Rambo, but he would be a great upgrade to our current situation.

114. Morgan Moses, Virginia - Tackle, 6'6'', 325 lbs

[IMG]

Played guard and tackle as a sophomore before switching to RT exclusively last year. Has had to shed weight, but has a good frame and is very athletic. Gotta protect Tony.

146. Aaron Mellette, Elon - Wide Receiver, 6'2'', 212 lbs

[IMG]

Very productive receiver with good physical tools. 97 catches for 1398 yards and 18 touchdowns. I know Coale should be back next year, but there are some good receivers that could be had here. Quinton Patton is another one that I considered.

178. Joe Kruger, Utah - Defensive End, 6'7'', 270 lbs

[IMG]

Another physically imposing guy that would give us some more youth on the defensive line. Brother plays for the Ravens.

210. Zach Line, SMU - Running Back, 6'0'', 229 lbs

[IMG]

Murray is a violent runner and this would give us the opportunity to spell him on some 3rd and shorts. Can also catch the ball out of the backfield. I see the Cowboys addressing running back depth at some point in this draft. I think this would be a steal.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    Where did pick 210 come from? I am intrigued by Mellette, scouts like him but i have not seen him play.
  3. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,906 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I like this mock. I like rambo a lot, but like Richardson I just don't know enough about them yet. Zach line would be a great addition for us IMO. I think I'd opt for dion Jordan over ansah though. I'd be happy with either one.
  4. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Wouldn't 210 be our 7th round pick?

Mellette has a 'highlight' video on Youtube that is terrible, but it was one game. His body of work and what scouts say about him trumps that one game in my opinion.

Looking back the only thing I don't like is the lack of a space eater in the middle. I really like that Brandon Williams from MOSO that people have been touting on here and would love him in the 7th.

I agree, guys like Rambo the Cowboys avoid like the plague. I just think he would be an upgrade and you never know what'll happen in interviews.

Jordan does seem like he could cover in the flats better than Ansah. I'm going to watch both closely during their bowl games.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,313 Messages
    4,847 Likes Received
    He is saying that the Cowboys don't have a 7th rounder. They traded it for Ryan Cook.
  6. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    :bang2: Sorry about that. Can't edit anymore.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    Well who's gonna call Zach Line and tell him the bad news?
  8. xwalker

12,313 Messages
    4,847 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  9. xwalker

12,313 Messages
    4,847 Likes Received
    Kruger is an interesting late round guy. I've seen him in a few games. He seems to have the physical ability to play the 5-technique.
  10. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,934 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    I like it-A LOT!!
  11. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,028 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Would be a little disappointed with this draft. Ansah is a freak of an athlete, but he has no real position yet and no real understanding of the game yet....Not a fan of Warford either. He seems to be just a big strong guy. Not the most technique and he can't move his feet....Like the Rambo, Moses, and Kruger picks though.