1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

12April2012 Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by xwalker, Apr 19, 2012.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,988 Messages
    3,691 Likes Received
    32 (1-32) OLB Shea McClellin
    Very good all around 3-4 SOLB prospect. Has experience in coverage in addition to rushing the passer and playing the run.

45 (2-13) CB Josh Robinson
    Super athlete, not just a straight line speedster. Excellent ball skills. Decent size at 5-10, 199. Played mostly zone but has enough size and more than enough athleticism to play man.

54 (2-22) OG Amini Silatolu
    Agressive OG prospect. Would be drafted higher if not for small school background.

68 (3-5) OLB Bruce Irvin
    Super Athletic passrusher. Athleticism should allow him to develop as a coverage player. Considered undersized at 6-3, 245. Would play SOLB on passing downs and backup WOLB. Could get some reps at ILB also.

94 (3-32) OC Philip Blake
    Underrated center with good size at 6-3, 311. Better than expected athleticism. Although he only benched 22 reps, he appears powerful in games and appears to have "heavy hands".

120 (4-25) Brandon Hardin
    Played CB in college. 6-3, 217, 4.4 forty, 6.88 cone. Bigger and faster than Trumaine Johnson.

135 (4-40) WR Ryan Broyles
    I usually prefer speedsters as slot WR / returner, but this is the exception. Broyles just has the "it" factor.

152 (5-17) DE Akiem Hicks
    Big at 6-5, 318 with good athleticism and very long 35-1/8" arms. Attended college in Canada which pushed him down to the 5th round. Looked very good in the Shrine game and Shrine game practices.

186 (6-16) ILB Miles Burris
    This guy plays all out all of the time. Would be 3-4 ILB. Good size at 6-2, 246 with 4.68 forty. Excellent in the bench (31), vert (37.5), and broad (10-1).

188 (6-18) TE/DE Taylor Thompson
    6-6, 260, 4.57 forty, 37 vert, 34" arms. I'm drafting him as a TE.

222 (7-15) CB Coty Sensabaugh
    Looked good in college games. Decent size at 5'11-1/4", 190 with 4.42 forty, excellent agility numbers and vert.

Trade #14 for Lions #23 and #54.
    Trade #23 for Bucs #36 and #68.
    Trade #36 and #81 to Giants for #32 and #94.
    Trade #113 for #120 and #188
  2. ckalch

ckalch Member

94 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I'd run over small children to make this draft happen.
  3. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    That's a whole lot of trading to anticipate, and very unlikely to get accurate. It has to be more than just the numbers adding up, it would have to make sense for the teams who want to trade up as well. That's fairly easy to speculate in the first round. Beyond that, teams' draft boards change so much that it's extremely difficult to say who will move up or down a handful of spaces because they just have to have "that guy".

I also see no way on God's green earth JJ and the Cowboys have ANY dealings with Mara and the Giants until they meet them on the field on opening night. Now would the Pats potentially do a trade at #31? I'm guessing yes, if the price is right.

I like some of the guys you targeted, although I don't think Broyles will last until the fourth and Thompson may not see the end of the fifth round with the word that's getting around on him--I think fourth round is even a possibility.
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,720 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    True, but if it happened, it'd be awesome.
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

15,685 Messages
    790 Likes Received
    No argument on trades...but it would in deed be sweet.
  6. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,037 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Sounds great but also seems unlikely. Interesting mock though!
  7. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,130 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Would not go that far, but there is nothing to not like about this draft. Great job xwalker.
  8. xwalker

10,988 Messages
    3,691 Likes Received
    Thanks for the input.
  9. xwalker

10,988 Messages
    3,691 Likes Received
    Anybody have more input on Brandon Hardin?
  10. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    This is about as solid a mock as you could hope for......except.......it doesn't address safety. We could stand pat with what we have, and hope to improve the pass rush, but I think we have to get better at safety.