1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

1660espn:Tim MacMahon on Cowboys

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 24, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
  3. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

2,834 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    - Basically said don't reach for a need, go with your draft board.

- Draft replacements for Spencer and Jenkins so that you have leverage.

- Jerry Jones listens to the person who has his "ear" last. It was suggested that he should listen to his scouts more and the people who are involved in the whole draft prep process. Last year, Jerry Jones called Barry Switzer to make sure he was making the right pick when he drafted DeMarco Murray.
  4. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,449 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    So that seems to nick saban this year with jason going to the alabama pro day
  5. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Ok, ive finished posting all podcasts, draft stuff i could find for today, now listening.

Talked about romo on his press conf: Seeing a guy who is getting purpose of leadership and urgency with prime years and coming to grip with how many superbowl wins you have, his sole job and how he will be judged in regards to aikman and staubach. Bring his teammates along, but evolved and ready for challenge.

3 things cowboys must do at end of day on sunday they must accomplish:
    Main thing 2 guys to be starters, doesnt matter, c, de, s, lot of different spots, and dont reach for need. Go with the board and put themselves in position to have leverage against spencer and jenkins next yr so dont have to probably overpay

Draft day, alot of it is jerry jones listens to last person that has his ear, but wade had his ear and jason williams, and when calling barry switzer jerry called him, when you pay people year round to make these evaluations in your scouting dept, not that he is power hungry, but listens to many people

smoaky said he thinks jerry calls around till he gets someone that agrees with him,
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,768 Messages
    3,757 Likes Received
    It's going to be amazing to see how much Tony Romo 'matures' if this team ever gets to a Superbowl.
  7. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,381 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    To have a source on a player and not use that source would be stupid. Everyone would do what Jerry did.
  8. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,716 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    I guess Jerry called the right people last year.
  9. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,372 Messages
    785 Likes Received
    I think of all the DFW media types McMahon is the least insightful.