1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2 more new TDK one sheets

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by HTownCowboysFan, Dec 14, 2007.

1. HTownCowboysFan

HTownCowboysFan New Member

1,912 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. HTownCowboysFan

1,912 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. TDance

TDance New Member

6 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    did anyone here see the trailer on youtube????? it looked absolutely AMAZING. ledger totally nailed the part. the laugh sounds great. and even though i thought it looked dumb in the first couple of pics i saw...the bat cycle looks good on film.
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,006 Messages
    1,100 Likes Received
  5. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
  6. HTownCowboysFan

1,912 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ^ I saw it on YouTube this AM but WB had them take it down. It'll be online Monday, FYI.
  7. HTownCowboysFan

1,912 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ledger's going to be unbelievable. From what I've heard -- especially when I was in Chicago on the set -- his performance is going to just blow people away.
  8. thekavorka

thekavorka New Member

1,769 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    we'll get a high-res trailer on sunday

http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/

And just like the Batman Begins international poster, I like the international poster for this one better than the US one.
  9. smarta5150

smarta5150 Mr. Wright

7,161 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I saw I AM LEGEND at midnight and they had the new trailer for Batman.

Looks good BUT I am still a huge Tim Burton fan...

Besides Tim Burotn... its gonna be impossible to do a better job than Jack Nicholson did as the Joker. Please don't argue this point, call me stubborn but no way is Heath gonna one up Jack as an insane person, nope, no way, no how :)
  10. thekavorka

thekavorka New Member

1,769 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    so you'd rather have the joker dancing around to Prince?
  11. smarta5150

smarta5150 Mr. Wright

7,161 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Heath =

[IMG]

Jack =

[IMG]

End of argument.
  12. MrMom

MrMom Well-Known Member

1,605 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    It seems like we'll finally get a noncampy Joker. This is gonna be so dope. I'm headed to the Imax just to see the prologue of The Dark Knight.
  13. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,006 Messages
    1,100 Likes Received
    Not quite.

[IMG]
  14. HTownCowboysFan

1,912 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So, we display homophobia towards Heath taking this part because of BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN? Please! How lame and very, what, 13ish?

I've seen a lot, and he BLOWS Nicholson's version out of the water -- and I dig B89 and that take on The Joker (very 70's comic books).

Nicolson was right for the part, but too old and fat by the time the got it to be honest. And BATMAN RETURNS sucked beyond words as a Batman film. It was nothing more than a Tim Burton movie that just so happened to be set in the world of Batman. Meh.
  15. smarta5150

smarta5150 Mr. Wright

7,161 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am messing around with the BBM take on Ledger. I was simply responding to someone who posted about JN dancing around to Prince... which was pretty OT.

To say HL blows JN out of the water is a pretty ridiculous statement. JN plays the role of an insane person better than anyone else... the laughs, the stupid dances... we shall see I guess.

As for Batman Returns I was unaware that I even mentioned the movie. Maybe I was drunk or high and forgot? :confused: Quite possible though :rolleyes:
  16. smarta5150

smarta5150 Mr. Wright

7,161 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Sure its a great shot, but HL has nothing to do with this. Give the credit to the makeup guys and the man who thought of this vision. Looks great.

But this is suppose to convince me that HL is a better Joker than JN? :confused:
  17. smarta5150

smarta5150 Mr. Wright

7,161 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh and another thought...

I actually wish they saved the actor who played Scarecrow for the Joker's roll (Cillian Murphy).

"The Bat-man" I thought he played a great psychotic villain, he was the lone bright spark in the movie Red Eye - very creepy character
  18. Cochese

Cochese Benched

7,360 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Please, get over Jack Nicholson. He is a great actor, but he was mediocre in Batman. He was Jack Nicholson playing Jack Nicholson, not the joker. Mark Hamill played an amazing joker in the animated series,he should be the standard that everyone else measures themselves to.

That trailer looks amazing, TDK is going to be THE flick to see come summer 08.
  19. Cochese

Cochese Benched

7,360 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He is supposed to be back from what I remember reading, we will need Htown to law down the law one way or the other,
  20. thekavorka

thekavorka New Member

1,769 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    SPOILER (highlight)

scarecrow is confirmed to be back