1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

#20 - 1st Round - Dallas, Marcus Spears, DE, Louisiana State

Discussion in 'Draft Day Zone' started by Hostile, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There will be some subtractions! ;)

Base 3-4 BUT WE WILL PLAY SOME 4-3 also

Players on block right now - JMO
  2. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

Mikey, no trades today...amazing.

How do you like what we've done so far?
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,388 Messages
    2,991 Likes Received

I'm very surprised at the lack of trades.

I like the players we chose... I have a tough time making the math work for the defensive line if we do go to the 3-4 full time. I can't see having Ellis or Glover sit on the bench. That would just be asinine.
  4. StonetheCrow77

StonetheCrow77 Member

876 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Consider that the average plays a D is on the field for is around 65... most starters play around 40... I can see with the various rotations that they should be able to get 30 to 40 snaps for each Ellis, Glover, Ferggy, Spears, Ware... the rest falls to the scrubs Carson, Coleman, and Ogbogu...
  5. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,247 Messages
    4,191 Likes Received
    I thought there would be a few more too Michael. Just no one wanted to dance.

I don't see us doing 3-4 full time either. They'll do what they said and that is do both. I suspect we'll see more of it. A good bit more at least at first depending on how they do and how camp goes.

Ellis and Glover are half of the line. It is crazy to think they will sit a lot. We are not only on the same page but nearly word for word on this one.
  6. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,388 Messages
    2,991 Likes Received
    You pay a guy the amount that Ellis and Glover are getting and given their ability they need to be on the field more than 40 plays. And who says starters play around 40?
  7. Cheap Shot Artist

Cheap Shot Artist Benched

981 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If BP is telling us that ware reminds him some of LT (or even an Abraham or McGinest), I'll bet you Spears reminds him a lot of Leonard Marshall
  8. scottsp

scottsp Well-Known Member

2,286 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Actually Nors, Ware will be playing a lot of 4-3 DE. He certainly not an exclusive 3-4 OLB. In fact, it will be moreso the other way.