1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2011 NFL Draft Prospect: Mike Mohamed, Cal

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jul 1, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Jun
    30th
    2011 NFL Draft Prospect: Mike Mohamed, Cal
    AUTHOR: jcmadson | IN: NFL Draft | COMMENTS: None Yet |
    Mike Mohamed- ILB- Cal
    6-3 238lbs Senior
    http://nflmocks.com/2010/06/30/2011-nfl-draft-prospect-mike-mohamed-cal/[IMG]
    Stats:

2007- 46 tackles, 1 tackle for loss

2008- 87 tackles, 6 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, 3 interceptions

2009- 111 tackles, 8 tackles for loss, 1 sack, 3 interceptions

Pros:

Mike Mohamed has a very intense attitude on the field. He is always looking to hit someone. His on-field leadership qualities are a plus. A career total of 6 interceptions is a decent total for a linebacker. Utilizes his high motor to put himself in the position to make plays and that is backed up by his 111 tackles last season.

Cons

Mike Mohamed isn’t fluid when he drops into pass coverage, kind of circles his opponents instead of manning up. He is very jumpy pre snap, almost over anxious. He has a difficult time fighting off blocks or getting through trash. I watched the game tape of UCLA, USC, and Maryland; during those games he missed a lot of tackles. Gets dominated by blockers most of the time, they just usher him wherever they wanted to. When he does come up to make a hit, he loses leg drive almost instantly. Has a problem with over pursuing.

Thoughts:

Mike Mohamed will make a team for special teams purposes. After watching the tape, I can’t see a way he makes an NFL roster other than as a STer.

Projected Round:

Mike Mohamed is a 7th round to UDFA type of player in my eyes.

-jcmadson also works for Integrity Sports Broadcasting Network out of Kansas City, MO. Listen Live at www.ISBNteam.com, also follow him on twitter @isbnJMAD