1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by MC KAos, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Noryb

Noryb Member

507 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he was abused so bad that they would pull him off of Parker and stick him on Bowens.
  2. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,136 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    How many times did Tony Parker's team win the series???

Parker is the 3rd option on the Spurs but outscored Nash who was at worst the second option.

Parker runs a half court offense meant to get shots for Duncan and Ginobli. Nash ran a fastbreak offense meant to get easy baskets. Watch the actual games.
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Again look at the numbers I posted Nash didn't get abused by any means.
  4. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've watched both players alot over the years including last season. Nash is better than Parker and the stats prove it.
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Spurs won four of the five playoff series, but that wasn't my point. I mever disputed the fact that the Spurs have owned Nash's team in playoffs matchup, but the notion that Nash was abused by Tony Parker individually is false.
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He wasn't abused at all. Stats back that up.
  7. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Again I never said he played great or lockdown defense, but this notion that Steve is a terrible defenfer is clearly false. Statistically he was the 8th best defensive player among NBA All Star's last season. Nash has also played in multiple conference finals. 2005, 2006, & 2010.
  8. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,579 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Eh whatever no point in debating with you because if your a Laker you are basically god on the basketball court.
  9. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,579 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    I'm not a Spurs fan lol.
  10. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That has nothing to do with it. I watched the games, but look at the stats as well. My eyes and stats both tell me Nash is better than Parker.
  11. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,136 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    He was NOT the 8th best defender amongst all-star's last year. He wasn't even top 15. You are using a clearly ******** metric and repeating it ad nauseum. Where are Nash's all-defensive team awards? More than 8 NBA All-Stars had all-defense nods. Nash didn't get a single vote.

Providing head to head data means very little when the players aren't going head to head. Again, people who have watched Nash play hundreds of games more than you are telling you he is poor defensively and often gets switched over to guard 2 guards.

Nash is a truly gifted passer and he is extremely efficient offensively. But those numbers were developed in a run and gun system. The Lakers are running the EXACT opposite of that with the Princeton system. Nash is being asked to run half court stuff and turn around and defend along side a bunch of aging geezers.
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've already gaven you the stat that shows Nash was #8 in isolation defense among NBA All Stars. You are convinetly ignoring them.
  13. Noryb

Noryb Member

507 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You are right. I got conference finals and nba finals confused.
  14. Noryb

Noryb Member

507 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Only a handful of people are....
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's alright he'll (hopefully) make his first Finals appearance this year. ;)
  16. Noryb

Noryb Member

507 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know if I missed it, but do you have a link for this?
  17. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Source: HP Basketball
  18. MC KAos

MC KAos Active Member

7,349 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    that doesnt say anything, was it in the all star game? or the season? what? its a link to a twitter account and the actual tweet itself, where is this guys proof? thats a very ambiguous thing to say.

as for the nash vs parker debate, its like the bynum thing all over again, you throw stats around like its the end all of a debate. how about you check the difference in their stats from their series to the regular season stats? you will see that nash's stats dropped vs the spurs while parker's scoring output increased. pop knows how to beat nash run teams and he sure as hell knows how to beat mike brown, good luck beating us next year though.
  19. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It says that among all the players who made the All Star team last season that Steve Nash was 8th in isolation defense. Not a great lockdown defender, but he's not horrible. As for Nash/Parker the stats show that Parker didn't own Nash like you claimed he did. It was indeed a wash. As for the Lakers/Spurs. As I said earlier it'll come down to the Lakers size advantage versus the Spurs depth advantage. By adding Nash and Jamison the Lakers are now a legit championship contender. There's no denying that. In the West it's a three team race between Oklahoma City and the Lakers and Spurs.
  20. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    who cares about the mavs spurs or lakers they will not get passed thunder and nobody will beat heat in the finals again so........