1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2012 NFL Combine: Outside Linebacker

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Feb 28, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    351 Likes Received
  2. supercowboy8

5,530 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    Melvin Ingram is the only player to hit all the marks in this table, which should make him a candidate for the Cowboys' no. 14 draft pick.

Jake Bequette comes in a close and surprising second. He would need 27 reps to hit a 70 Explosion number, which would make him just the second edge rusher on this list to hit all four marks.

Bruce Irvin is also tantalizingly close on acing every one of these metrics. Andre Branch is in a similar situation, missing the lateral agility by fractions and needing 28 reps to hit the Explosion mark

Nick Perry and Bruce Irvin hit astonishing speed scores. For comparison, Chris Johnson had a 121.9 speed score. Unfortunately, while Irvin also did exceptionally well in the short shuttle, Perry did not. We'll want to watch Perry's Pro Day carefully, but unfortunately the times there won't really be comparable to the Combine times, for a number of reasons.
  3. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    Anyone else want to join me on the Melvin Ingram bandwagon now?
  4. supercowboy8

5,530 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    I've been driving this wagon all year. But who ever wants to hop on go right ahead.
  5. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,928 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I noticed Jake Bequette at the combine and had to go back and evaul him again. I am completely sold on this kid, he has everything I want in a player. I think he will be an absolute steal in the second round. My first must have player of this draft. Gonna be the real deal IMO.
  6. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    I hate comparing white guys to other white guys because it feels cheap but he does remind me of Kerrigan. Great production and athleticism was better than anticipated.
  7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Agreed, looks like a player and certainly the type of guy the Cowboys like. Big, athletic, leader, big program.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,186 Messages
    2,028 Likes Received
    Don't feel bad. In my first Mock Draft this season, I compared him to Dan Hampton. It's no big deal.

;)