1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2013 OSRS and DSRS quick hits: Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dwmyers, Oct 14, 2013.

1. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,046 Messages
    37 Likes Received
  2. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,751 Messages
    1,951 Likes Received
    I'll admit the offense frustrates me. I don't expect a Denver game-esque performance each week, but it would be nice to see them play up to their potential more often.
  3. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,512 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    I don't wanna think about the 2006 Cowboys when I see the Saints on our schedule this year. Yikes. Anyone remember that game?
  4. kramskoi

kramskoi Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Forgettable 42-17 drubbing...I attended...it was my first at Texas Stadium and incidentally my last. After the Felix Jones td run it was all downhill. Got my then wife to leave near the end of the third quarter. Debating about going to New Orleans in November...such a long drive though...5 hours round trip.
  5. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,076 Messages
    781 Likes Received
    The Saints success with the onsides kick was embarrassing, as was watching Parcells get outcoached by Sean Payton. That game was high hopes followed by great disappointment.
  6. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,213 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    Yea, I was disappointed that they went back to the dink and dunk, never attack the deep middle of the field offense last night as well. Everything was to the short middle or sidelines most of the game.
  7. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

645 Messages
    264 Likes Received
    You watched Felix Jones score a TD in 2006? Must have been in college because Felix wasnt drafted untill 2008
  8. iRepDatStar

iRepDatStar Member

71 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Actually Washington's defense have been giving this offense trouble for a while.. mainly i think its because romo doesnt know where the defensive players are going to end up... i got comfortable when we started going 5 wide on them though
  9. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,510 Messages
    1,476 Likes Received
    He couldn't have possibly made a mistake by substituting Felix for Julius? I mean, those last names aren't similar at all :eek:
    BAZ likes this.
  10. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

645 Messages
    264 Likes Received
    Was just wondering, glad you are a mind reader cause im not
  11. Stinger_Splash

Stinger_Splash Active Member

394 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    I thought it was Julius Jones that year?
  12. kramskoi

kramskoi Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Gosh! I stand corrected! It was still a can of Whip-A put on the boys! Hard "keeping up with the Joneses!"
  13. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,814 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    Wasn't that the game that their freaking FB had two touchdowns? That was awful.
  14. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

718 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Yup
  15. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,081 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Might have more to do with the pressure and blitzes than what they wanted to do. I also think they were concerned about the DL rotation with having to chase RG around and wanted to use the short passing game to maintain ball control, since the running game was not working to much. I think they went into the game with a plan to help protect the defense and get some of their confidence back, I can't blame them for that.. but I would like to see a more aggressive game plan myself.