1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2014 NFL Draft: Pitt's Aaron Donald is college's most explosive DT

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Nov 23, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,166 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    Pittsburgh senior defensive tackle Aaron Donald could lead a squadron of gifted but size-deficient defensive tackles in the 2014 draft ready to wage war on NFL quarterbacks.

As a finalist for the Bronko Nagurski Award (nation's top defender) and a semifinalist for the Bednarik Award (nation's top defender), Outland Trophy (top interior lineman), Rotary Lombardi Award (top lineman or linebacker) and Lott IMPACT Trophy (nation's top defender), Donald is far from an unknown.

Leading the nation with an average of 2.3 tackles for loss per game will do that for a guy.

Despite his gaudy production, fellow undersized defensive tackles Will Sutton (Arizona State) and even injured Florida standout Dominique Easley have generated as much or more NFL draft buzz than Donald simply because the Panthers' star measures in at 6-0, 285 pounds.

As Donald demonstrated against the Syracuse Orangemen Saturday, however, burst can be just as dominating as brawn.

Alternating between the two defensive tackle positions in Pittsburgh's traditional 4-3 scheme with 6-foot-2, 285-pound sophomore Darryl Render, Donald routinely split gaps in Syracuse's offensive line, ruining plays before they had any chance at success and helping the Panthers earn their sixth victory of the 2013 season.

Donald is as explosive out of his stance as any defensive tackle in the country. This burst is complemented by a terrific over-arm swim move that allows him to slip past would-be blockers in an instant.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...donald-is-college-footballs-most-explosive-dt
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,616 Messages
    4,168 Likes Received
    Aaron Donald 6-0, 285
    Will Sutton 5-11.5, 305
    Dominique Easley 6-1.5, 285
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,236 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    I've been saying it for a while. Donald will be a 1st round pick and I think Marinelli will want him. He is his type of DL player.

Easley is another player that I really like that can play DE on 1t and 2nd downs and can move over to DT on 3rd downs. be another player to watch in the 2nd or early 3rd for Dallas to go after. his injuries will drop him but has 1st round talent. Like Lee, Carter, and Murrey.

Donald can put on a few more pounds and be like Jurrell Casey and Geno Atkins.
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,033 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    I would love to see Donald in a Cowboys uniform...