1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2nd favorite team.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by the kid 05, Jun 6, 2006.

1. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,537 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    When its the bye week or any other week for those of us who don't have Direct tv who do you all like to watch?

Me i like watching the Baltimore Ravens just due to there defense, i can't stand there cocaine dealing running back though
  2. cowboyblue31

cowboyblue31 Member

368 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    The Dallas Cowboys and only the Dallas Cowboys
  3. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seahawks...mainly because I live in the NW. I like watching Hasselbeck and Alexander.
  4. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    There is no such thing as a second favorite team. How dare you even suggest the existence of such a thing.
  5. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,974 Messages
    604 Likes Received
    Raiders -- I live in Northern California and once you've seen a group of Raider fans (in full costume) take over a bar, you have to be sold.

However, I will turn their games off if they suck.
  6. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,551 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I will watch our division rivals if I can't get the Cowboys game or if we are in a different time slot. I watch Denver so my wife can see her favorite team (she was born in Colorado).

I watch the Forty Whiners when I think they are going to get the rear ends kicked. I hate them more than any other team including the Redskins.
  7. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,162 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    Notre Dame . There is no other NFL team for me .
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,014 Messages
    1,579 Likes Received
    Any team that can help the Cowboys on any given weekend. Is my 2nd favorite team
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,522 Messages
    3,354 Likes Received
    I watch the 'boys, the division, and then the conference, in that order...

When all else fails, I watch the Texans. :(
  10. cwbyfan72

cwbyfan72 Member

873 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    No seconds here. But I will watch our division rivals, and root AGAINST them.
  11. Renesis

Renesis New Member

47 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't really have a second favorite team.

I enjoy watching the Falcons though, for the obvious reason. I would absolutely hate for him to be on "my" team, but he's fun to watch.
  12. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys have always and will always be first.

I don't see how any Cowboys fan could have a "second favorite" team that's in the NFC, but from time to time I've pulled for an AFC team during a season.

I used to have a soft spot for the Patriots, though, until they started winning (reverse bandwagon effect, I suppose). I liked them around that time that they changed their logo and drafted Bledsoe. Then the year they played the Packers, I was really pulling for them. Even Tom Brady's first Super Bowl I was rooting for them. Since then, I've cooled considerably, although I don't hate them as much as many people here do.
  13. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Any team that is playing against division rivals.
  14. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,028 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I root for whatever will help Dallas. Playoff position, draft position etc.
  15. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    For me, used to be Lions, since I lived up in Detroit for 8 years. Not really favorite, I guess but I do watch them if they are playing well, and no cowboys game on usually.

Other than that, usually its any team that plays against Division rivals or Forty Whiners. Used to be loved to watch any team beat Pukers, when they were playing well and Puker fans were just obnoxious.

Only other team I really have any passion for is Michigan ( wolverines). Especially when they play Ohio State :D And I never went to U of M, Actually went to A&M Kingsville and UT at San Antonio ( so my affiliation probably should be towards UT Austin since San Antonio doesn't have College Football). But living up in Detroit for 8 years, they just grew on me and followed them closely.
  16. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,765 Messages
    2,826 Likes Received
    Used to be the Chargers during the Air Coryell years.

But no second favorite NFL team now.

If a game looks to be a good match up between two teams I will watch. I may want one team to win over the other but no 2nd favorite team.
  17. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  18. Cogan

Cogan Active Member

1,479 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    The Browns. I grew up in NE Ohio, and have been a Brown's fan my whole life. However, when they play each other, I ALWAYS root for my 'Boys. I became a Cowboys fan at 10, and they will always come first.
  19. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cleveland, my dad's team. Oh how he's suffered.
  20. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,765 Messages
    2,826 Likes Received

I live in WV so they play plenty of Browns, Steelers and Bengals Game.

When I was young I used to like and watch the browns as well.

As a youngster I thought Brian Sipe was cool...did I mention I was young:laugh1: