1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

3-4 Defensive Coordinators

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by xwalker, Jan 9, 2013.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,193 Messages
    601 Likes Received

Want to bet on whether spencer comes back?

Are you really suggesting sims is a better fit in a 3-4?
  2. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

1,588 Messages
    656 Likes Received
    In a 4-3 Ware goes to DE. Lee and Carter will be our LB's along with either Albright and Wilber on the strong side.
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    As sure as you are that Spencer won't be coming back is as sure as i am that no one is going to be betting on the subject.

As for your question, i'll respond by asking, "Are you suggesting Albright would be better in a 43?"

Based on what? He's just starting to flourish in the 34 scheme, so now as a young player, we switch everything around on him and expect him to learn yet another position and we think he'll excel at that right away?

Please.. and its not a sure thing by any means that Spencer won't be back. If we're smart we'll find a way to resign him. We're deep at LB and thin at DL right now.. you don't switch to a 43 when that is the case.. just like we shouldn't have switched to the 34 when we did in the first place.
  4. weaver21

weaver21 Member

627 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I hope you understand the price we're gonna pay if we re-sign Spencer. He's gonna be one of the most paid linebackers in the league and considering we're already thin on the cap, I don't think it would be smart to re-sign Spencer. We also have holes on the offensive line and re-signing Spencer would make us unable to go out and sign an offensive lineman.
  5. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    There are some very good OL players who should be available right around where we pick in the upcomin draft. Not saying i'd prefer drafting a guy over signing a FA or vice versa.. but i think Spencer has been a good player for us for a long time, and without someone of his talent level ready to take over, i don't want to see us downgrade one of the most important positions on this defense. Im sure he'll get a pretty decent sized contract, but as long as its nothing crazy.. i'd try to get him signed and after that you can always rework the contract to fit with your cap needs.