1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

3 Annoyances from the Cleveland game..

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RoyTheHammer, Nov 21, 2012.

1. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    1. If a player's legs are still churning and they are still moving in a forward direction.. you DON'T blow the whistle. That should have been another TD for Dez. Great effort.

2. How the hell do you make a substitution error when the game is on the line? Come on Rob..

3. Miles Austin.. the overtime deep ball that he plain and simple gave up on. What the friggin **** man? Had his guy beat.. turned to find the ball, and then literally just stopped running.

Frustrating to watch these things..

EDIT: 4. DeMarcus Ware getting stone walled by Joe Thomas largely one on one all day long.
  2. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, that officiating was pretty bad. Both ways. I agree about Miles Austin. He has one drop a game it seems like. I was at the game, and what annoyed me the most is the fans didnt make any decent noise until we took a lead. It did get loud after, so i will say that. Also annoying, is there were a TON of people who left early before overtime. OVERTIME. :bang2:
  3. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    1. I agree with what you are saying and I too think that Bryant couldve turned that play into a sweet highlight. Im sure in hindsight the ref would agree that the whistle was premature but as much as safety is being pushed these days Im not too shocked.

2. Not shocked it happened and its probably going to happen again.

3. I wonder what was going on with that play. Austin isnt one to give up or quit on a play.

You were there? Man I envy you. That must have been awesome.
  4. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,061 Messages
    1,115 Likes Received
    That was not going to be a touchdown by Dez. I don't know why guys are saying that. The Browns defenders let up when they heard the whistle.

I'm a little shocked the "genius" play Dez made by running out of bounds before he got the 1st down didn't make the list. Dez, the same guy who sometimes to a fault will fight for every yard he can runs out of bounds while needing a yard lol.
  5. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Dez is lucky he has a career day on Sundaybor else we'd be seeing that step out of bounds play twice a day on ESPN, but really, what the hell was he thinking!?
  6. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,177 Messages
    1,288 Likes Received
    Dez could have a game like he had against the Browns almost every weekend if he really waned to. He and Romo aI think are starting to gel and get on the same page something tells me that Bryant's going to start having some big games. I hope I'm right.
  7. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    It didn't look like that to me.. it looked like he ripped away from the defenders as the whistle was blowing, as another Brown came flying in for a big hit and whiffed.

The play where he walked out of bounds, he explained he didn't realize he was right at the sticks and he took responsibility. It was a bad play on his part, it happens.. just like Tony underthrowing him on what would have been a TD. Everybody makes mistakes.. i can live with that. He went out and made up for it, fought hard for extra yards every time he got the ball after that.
  8. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received

:rolleyes:

Oh he could? So your contention is that he isn't giving full effort out there?
  9. GoCowboysGo

GoCowboysGo Active Member

981 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    I've never seen a player stop playing before the whistle, then step out of bounds before the 1st down marker.

It happens? When? I've never seen a play like that! (frustration not pointed at you, RTH)
  10. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,484 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    [youtube]QPLXk8vEpjc&loop=1&playlist=QPLXk8vEpjc[/youtube]
  11. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    People on Dez stepping out of bounds act like he's the only one to make mistakes.
  12. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Thanks haric.. seems to support my opinion that they didn't let up. He ripped away from the guy and the LB coming in just whiffed on the hit attempt.
  13. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    You've never seen Jason Witten run one of his patented out routes and just simply run out of bounds after the grab?

I'd say you arn't watching enough football if you've never seen a guy run out of bounds before.
  14. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I think its more of a case of seeing what they want to see. Those that detest him for "beating his mother" or "being a headcase" dont want to admit that he is a unique talent. I have no clue why he step of the field in that play but I do not believe that he was scared or quiting.
  15. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    1. it was a 2nd down play where we needed 12 yards for a 1st. he got 11.
    2. had it been a normal down and distance that IS a 1st down.
    3. there were 3 defenders trying to prevent a 1st down and he had come back to the ball.
    4. had he fought through 3 defenders to try and get 1 yard but fumbled we'd be yelling that he is a stupid id10t who should be shot to save the world of his dumb football genes ever passing to anyone else.
  16. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Ill buy that. Good points.
  17. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    If he fumbled this board we LIGHT up saying how big of an idiot he was for trying to get the first.
  18. Bill Wooten

Bill Wooten Active Member

660 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    That play is called out because it was very uncharacteristic of Dez. Even Dierdorf stood up for him that is was out of character for him and that he must not have know the distance needed for a 1st down. No one is questioning his toughness, but he should know where the sticks are and how much is needed for the first down. It wouldn't have taken much of a fight to get the first down. It is obvious and admitted that he just didn't realize how much was needed.

He deserves to be questioned and criticized. He doesn't want that to happen when a playoff berth or win is on the line. He needs to learn from it and move on. That's all anyone should be asking from him.
  19. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,061 Messages
    1,115 Likes Received
    Its just to close to tell if they gave up or not on that play. I tend to believe they did. Dez didn't make a incredible move to get out of that. The whistle was so close to when he got free that it looks like he hit a spin move and he was off to the races.

And i'm not upset with Dez about stepping out of bounds thing. I'm just saying i'm shocked its not one of your frustrations. I'm not as hard as Dez as the next guy but I find myself saying "Everybody makes mistakes" in regards to Dez numerous times a week. He had a GREAT game. I like Dez and still think he's young in his development and is only getting better. But i'm done making excuses for him. He simply has to quit making some of the mistakes he's making. I can settle for a dropped football. That's what EVERYONE does. Stepping out of bounds 1 yard short? Running the wrong route? Those are things not suppose to happen.
  20. sunbum

sunbum Active Member

816 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    to me it looks like #50 let up