1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

3 Annoyances from the Cleveland game..

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RoyTheHammer, Nov 21, 2012.

1. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,444 Messages
    2,059 Likes Received
    1. the defenders let up and also, he was actually pushed back at one point. it the officials hadnt blown the whistle and Dez had got hurt, you would be crying about the opposite.

2. isnt it sort of his job to know 'where he is on the field' esp as regards to hash marks becasue last i looked , this is a game of first downs :rolleyes: . he has several screws loose, we know that, but it was a bad play.
  2. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,071 Messages
    1,080 Likes Received
    That and they didn't blow the whistle before when Dez was in the same position before and allowed Cleveland players to pile on.

Welcome to Cowboys football.

I think he has problems locating the ball. It's a common theme for him in his career.

I just couldn't think how nice it would be to have Thomas playing LT and Tyron playing RT with Alex Mack at center.

YR
  3. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I agree, the whistle was simlutaneous to him breaking free!
  4. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    Exactly, the whistle was too close to him breaking free for the defenders to have had any time to let up. Clearly should have been a TD.
  5. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,357 Messages
    2,255 Likes Received
    I think the only reason the whistle was blown is that Dez is a WR. If that were a RB in the same situation--a player who is expected to have the strength/tenacity to win those battles--there is no way they stop that play. Remember Barber's end zone escape against the Pats?
  6. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,263 Messages
    1,159 Likes Received
    LOL at people defending Dez for stepping out of bounds short of the first. Simply hilarious. :lmao2:
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,169 Messages
    1,521 Likes Received
    The one guy, maybe the LB, was trying to get the football it looked like. That should have been a touchdown.
  8. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    I was there too... Section 135, Row 7.

[IMG]
  9. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    those are nice seats. I bet you were not one of the people to leave early.
  10. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    No way. Stayed till about 30 minutes after the game was over. :D
  11. GoCowboysGo

GoCowboysGo Active Member

977 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Nooooooooo, I've never seen him run out of bounds a yard or two before the first down marker, I've never seen Witten do that.

See, you may not understand what I'm talking about, I'm speaking on Dez's continuous mental break-downs. Witten may run out early, he's protecting himself for the next play, I have no problem when he does that because usually it's not a mental break-down on Witten's end, it's simply trying to minimize the punishment so he can have a longer career!

Man, people just can't read between the lines anymore.
  12. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I respect your opinion, but if he let up.. why did he still lunge at him?
  13. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    Hmm last year week 1 when Witten could have easily fought his way into the end zone against Leonhard but chose to run out of bounds on the 1 yard line. That play doesnt ring a bell? I love Witten but it happens. Im sure after watching film it ate Jason up last year, just like Im sure Dez felt after the fact
  14. sunbum

sunbum Active Member

769 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    looks like he lunged at him out of instinctual reaction after Dez broke out of those tackles. It just doesn't look like to me #50 was running into the play at full speed.