1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

30,000 empty seats at Heinz field?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by theebs, Dec 30, 2012.

1. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Listening to Sirius radio on my way to the store and they said there was about 30,000 empty seats at the stadium.

If this is true please do not tell me how great there fans are ever again.

Just like kc, who did the same thing a few years ago.
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,719 Messages
    1,952 Likes Received
    Love it!!!!!

Knowing the Cowboys played a major role in this is SWEEEEEEET!

:steelers: :steelers: :steelers: :steelers: :steelers:
  3. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

997 Messages
    172 Likes Received
  4. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,237 Messages
    4,186 Likes Received
    We went to our favorite sports bar after church and they have a huge Steeler club. There wasn't a third the usual crowd. Fair weather fans I guess.
  5. CxC1993

CxC1993 Member

285 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Steelers fans are the biggest bandwagoners. When they win, they're out in full force & talking, but when they lose, they're nowhere to be found.
  6. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,175 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    they must win a lot.
  7. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Pittsburgh is a horrible sports city. The Pirates couldn't sell out a game 7 so they basically gave up years ago and make their money on revenue sharing. The Pitt Panthers haven't had a true sellout in longer than I can remember unless ND or WVU were the opponent and brought fans. The Penguins draw well but there is no hockey.

The Steelers would really struggle with a couple of non-playoff seasons in a row. The way they built the new stadiums really limited parking/tailgating. The only thing they have left is winning. If that's gone, there goes the fanbase.
  8. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received

Maybe they were still making their way back from the Cowboys game?
  9. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,719 Messages
    1,952 Likes Received
    Those people from Pissburg talk about their revamped city and teams as if they are mighty proud tho.
  10. Andrew76021

Andrew76021 Member

88 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You're kidding right?

Dallas fans, in whole, are some of the flimsiest, fickle, bandwaggoning fans in the league. Every game I have attended at JerryWorld has been overtaken by Saints/Bears/Steelers/Giants fans. Just last week, even though the Saints were no longer a post season team, their fans made more noise than the home team. It was like watching the game at home with the TV on mute. Down by 7 with a whole quarter to play and the Cowboys fans started leaving the stadium. The better part of 20 years since the Cowboys were relevant yet fans still want to talk about the 5 SB Championships. Many of their fans don't remember a Cowboys team that won something that mattered.

I have many friends that are Cowboys fans and are true fans of the team, but it isn't what is represented when I see the team's fans in general.
  11. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They do