1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

3rd and Long - Romo vs Bledsoe

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by HowAboutThemCowboys, Oct 30, 2006.

1. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

5,102 Messages
    2,659 Likes Received
    The thing I noticed last night is that with Romo, the Cowboys actually had 3rd and long plays called and they were successful. With Bledsoe, anything beyond 3rd and ten, it was a dump off pass for minimal yards or a sack.
  2. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,230 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Things look better when you can excape the rush
  3. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I noticed the same thing. With Bledsoe it was normally just a draw that would get us about half the yardage needed, but with Romo we actually went for the 1st down.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Like the crew on DallasCowboys.com pointed out, it was a key 3rd and 16 in the fourth quarter where Tony Romo side stepped the rush and threw a dart the Jason Witten for a first down, that saved the game and possibly our season!
  5. dboyz

dboyz Active Member

817 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    I agree. I think that was Romo's best play of the night.
  6. DanTanna

DanTanna Original Zone Member

2,588 Messages
    633 Likes Received
    That was a bullet to Witten. Romo actually scanned the field and launched.

Stepping up in the pocket litterally gives him 3-4 extra seconds to scan, pick a target and chunk. It is like having two pass plays on a single down!

Bledsoe - 3 seconds and BAAAK Baaak Bak Bak .... lays egg

Romo - 3 seconds - step up in pocket, receivers juking and jiving, launch - 1st down!!!