1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

4 reasons why Romo being out makes me giddy

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Dec 23, 2013.

1. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

968 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    Bottom line: with the Cowboys' awful defense, their best chance to win Sunday is to survive a shootout.

And without Romo, the chances of doing so drop considerably. The ONLY silver lining is the media won't be able to pile on him this time.
  2. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    I LOVE playing with house money, but I don't that is what's happening in this situation.

I am cautiously optimistic that Orton can actually get the job done- but there is no way, no way I am putting money on it.
  3. CowboyFan4Eva

CowboyFan4Eva Benched

627 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Come on guys.

We get a Boom , a Zang, a zingabanalooma , Plus a boom boom bam, and another big bam boom.

And we got this.......
  4. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Active Member

931 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Finally someone who remains positive! That simply cannot be overstated here on the Zone. Too many naysayers and too many negatives to count. The Eagles having scored all those points against the Bears on Sunday and facing our depleted defense seems like a cakewalk for the Eagles this Sunday but it could very well indeed be a trap game instead. If Kiffen can dial up the right defenses and everyone rises up to the occasion and simply does their jobs and we can control the clock by running and passing when needed the Cowboys can win this thing. It will be a dog fight as any NFC East battles truly always are but one in which we can very well win in the face of all odds. I hope the Eagles think they have this game in the bag, lock, stock and barrel. Props to the OP!
  5. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,537 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    The defense is going to play much better now because Romo is out. That is how things work in the NFL when a star player goes down. Do you understand the defense will now feel they have no choice but to step up since Romo is out? So you probably will say..........'well why did it take for Romo to get knocked out for the defense to play better?" Because now the defense feels they owe it to Romo to come out and play good defense. Watch how different the defense looks
  6. CowboysFanSince88

4,537 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    That's why I am glad about two things heading into this game

1. Eagles will probably be double digit favorites
    2. eagles offense is now over confident after the Bears game
  7. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,672 Messages
    3,046 Likes Received
    Reading comprehension is such a lost art on the Internet.............where the hell did I say in that post that I hope we lose?.................I said Romo is special and Orton has not taken a snap in over 2 seasons.............I said we are going to need 40 plus points to win and that the idea that a backup QB that has not played in over 2 years is going to come off the bench and drop a 40 burger on somebody is not going to happen.

Please point out where I said that I hope we would lose..................................otherwise, you are just making up crap to fit your agenda.
  8. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,124 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    I chuckle (sarcastically) when people say things like "with your star out, the rest of the team will up their game..."

bs, if the team has that extra gear and wasn't using it for the first 15 weeks, it is time to clean house and get guys that give the ultimate effort in EACH game....
  9. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,615 Messages
    867 Likes Received
    Seriously, do some of you even watch the games? Tony accuracy? maybe within five yds.:rolleyes:
  10. CowboysFanSince88

4,537 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    It's human nature for everyone to come together when the leader of the team goes down.
  11. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,124 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    that's just it...I liken it to running a race...if you hold out for the final sprint, sometimes, you are too far behind for it to matter...if the team has that extra gear, and it shows up in a win this week, I will certainly be happy about it, but then I will be even more frustrated since the coaches can't get that little extra out of them (i.e.: our coaches for the most part, are less than good)
  12. durrrr

durrrr Active Member

720 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  13. CowboysFanSince88

4,537 Messages
    210 Likes Received
  14. CowboysFanSince88

4,537 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    Well I guess some have not been watching the NFL as long as I have
  15. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,668 Messages
    2,360 Likes Received
    Guys, here comes the real Callahan offense... Two yard outs all day long...
  16. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,668 Messages
    2,360 Likes Received
    I think it could go either way. If Philly strikes first and quickly, building up a nice lead, the team could just get deflated and be like, "we had no chance anyway"...
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

24,138 Messages
    2,739 Likes Received
    Fwiw, Dallas has been a fairly tough out at home all year.

5-2 at home with the two losses being by 1 and 3 pts.
  18. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,988 Messages
    1,410 Likes Received
    I do agree that we have no pressure on us anymore. Nobody expects us to win. The team should play loose but you never know with this bunch.
  19. CowboysFanSince88

4,537 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    And add that to the mix
  20. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

1,133 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    That's what I'm thinking too. Only I hope this will inspire the rest of the team and the defense will rise to the occasion and we'll see a repeat of the game with the Eagles earlier this season.