1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

4 Reasons why the Cowboys will make the playoffs and win the division

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,398 Messages
    8,300 Likes Received
    Stats can be used to prove whatever point you're trying to make.

I don't think football's a numbers game that can be figured out with a calculator.
  2. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,043 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    Again name the price. To write the Giants off in 4 games is a mistake. They aren't that good and may even drop to 8-8, but they will not go 0-4 in those games. They will find a way to get one maybe two.
  3. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

If Eli Manning is still the QB I expect them to lose all of them
  4. Manwiththeplan

5,043 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    yea outside of the whole cliche "anything can happen," the conclusion he is drawing makes no sense. at somepoint an NFC East team will win in Baltimore and when it happens, either this year or 4 years from now it won't be that big of a deal.
  5. Manwiththeplan

5,043 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    Name the price. Sig bet, posting privilages, what ever you want. It's wishfull thinking at it's greatest.
  6. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I just haven't seen NFC East teams go to Baltimore, Cincy, or Pittsburgh and get a win. The Giants, Cowboys, Eagles, and Skins all struggle when they go to one of those stadiums

The NFC East is currently 0-4 on the road vs those 3 teams

Skins and Eagles lost at Pittsburgh this season

Cowboys lost at baltimore this season

Giants lost at Cincy this season
  7. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,952 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    The whole NFC East-in-Baltimore thing is an oddity, but the Ravens also have won 24 of their past 25 home games.
  8. Manwiththeplan

5,043 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    that has far more a bearing on what will happen when they meet. The NFC east in baltimore thing is exactly what you said, an oddity
  9. Manwiththeplan

5,043 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    :facepalm: so what will happen when we go to Cincy? You writing us off? I hope not and doubt you are.

I want us to make the playoffs as much as any fan. It will make this misreable start to the season worth it and while I don't think we will win very much in the playoffs, the fact that it's anyone's game is enough for me.

But Pittsburgh beat the skins and eagles because they are better, not because they were at home.

While we almost won, we lost at Baltimore because they are better. Wouldn't have changed if it was in Dallas.

I don't know who will win when the Giants play in Baltimore and I certainly will be rooting for Baltimore, but I do know the Giants will not go 0-4 in the 4 games you have them losing.
  10. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,994 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    Problem is theres 4-5 more losses for the cowboys too
  11. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

Yes I expect us to lose but it shouldn't be a big deal if we are 7-5 entering the game because it's a AFC team.
  12. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,625 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    The fact that the Cowboys have a chance should be exciting but it's really not for me. I think they are one and done if they make the playoffs which is worse than not to me, because if they get there I'll have that "they can do like the Giants and win it all" feeling knowing damn well this team has the guts of a chicken hawk and will likely lose to whoever the team they are playing. I wanted Garrett for a coach and am now on the "be careful of what you wish for" ruing committee, his first game was masterful and he kept Romo out of trouble with the oline being raggedy and the receivers moving the chains with short slants and square ins and outs, he doesn't do that anymore and Romo now has happy feet and the backs have no holes to run to. The receivers don't really know what routes to run and Garrett is too slow to change. No, going to the playoffs will just be a consellation prize for me, sort of like the Lets make a deal game, and I have to ask... Do we really want whats behind curtain number 3.
  13. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

I see 2

Bengals
    Steelers

A big Maybe
  14. Manwiththeplan

5,043 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    tie breaker wise, losing to cincy will not hurt.

And I have a hard time seeing us win 4 in a row (3 more). While we should win at home against Cleveland. Washington will be tougher than people give them credit for. Our D-line will have a long day containing RG3 and if Romo turns the ball over a few times, we'll lose.

And Philly ain't gonna lay down for us when we play them. The game changed when Vick left, it went from a close game where they were up, to us pulling away late when he left (he left early, but we didn't pull away till late).
  15. StarBoyz83

2,994 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    Losses:
    Bengals
    Steelers
    At least 1 vs redskins maybe 2
    Saints

Luckily for the boys the giants have been playing like they did against them the first game. Nfc east is closer than it should be
  16. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,318 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    The Glenn Carano game. LOL! I still remember Danny White getting a first down running from punt formation in that game, with the hurt ribs that kept him from starting that day
    :starspin
  17. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,291 Messages
    834 Likes Received
    It's funny, last year our offense was better but our defense was terrible. Now the offense is struggling and the defense is better. I believe that Murray is the X factor. If he can stay healthy I think the offense will get better and we just might have a shot.
  18. StarBoyz83

2,994 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    2011 cowboys > 2012 cowboys
  19. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,291 Messages
    834 Likes Received
    You might be right, they could lay down again in December. The team has such a lack of identity, it's impossible to make a call on how they could turn out.
  20. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,821 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    You should maybe think about picking another team or sport to follow.