1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

49 Bodies Dumped Beside a Highway in Mexico

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hostile, May 14, 2012.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Heads gone, hands gone, feet gone.

http://news.yahoo.com/49-headless-bodies-dumped-north-mexico-highway-225844950.html

The motive...drug wars.

MONTERREY, Mexico (AP) — Forty-nine bodies with their heads, hands and feet hacked off were found Sunday dumped on a northern Mexico highway leading to the Texas border in what appeared to be the latest carnage in an escalating war between Mexico's two dominant drug cartels.
  2. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,721 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Nothing unusual. Coming to your neighborhood soon.
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,837 Messages
    2,201 Likes Received
    This is bad stuff man, but these guys are committing these acts over more than just product. Pride, respect, ego, etc. all of that comes into play.
  4. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Active Member

4,092 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Only 49 ? Slackers.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,119 Messages
    1,867 Likes Received
    Buddy of mine is going to Belize this summer.

His girlfriend wanted to go to Guatemala City for a day or two and he pretty much said it wasn't happening. They had something like 40 murders per week there and aside from the BUS RIDE (who the hell would sign up for that?), having that many people die on a weekly basis just isn't a good thing.
  6. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,848 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    It's the wild west over there and they are making tons of money off us Americans.

In other news today; we have TSA agents being paid off by the cartels to smuggle straight through the airport. They pretty much just pay off whoever they want and get it straight into the country for nothing compared to what they are making.

http://narcosphere.narconews.com/no...g-running-scandal-betrays-drug-war-s-pretense
  7. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,687 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    North Mexico is one of the most dangerous regions in the world and no matter what they try that will probably never change. As long as the demand for drugs in the US is so high they'll always be fighting over the border crossings once the drugs are inn there's really not much point in fighting over it anymore.

I wouldn't worry to much about it spilling over Juarez is the single worst place in the whole world it seems, right across the border El Paso is one of the safest cities in the US.

Mexico isn't that bad once you get away from the north i spent 2 months there earlier this year including 5 weeks in Mexico city and i never felt unsafe apart from the time i accidentally ended up in Tepito
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received

I live in Las cruces and that is TOTAL BS about El Paso being that safe.
    A LOT never gets reported.
  9. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Active Member

4,092 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    That would be like taking a self guided walking tour of Chicago.
  10. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Actually, I only left 48 of them. Someone else must have left another.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    sloppy
  12. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Those Mexican drug lords don't **** around.
  13. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Meh, I've spent a good amount of time there and never felt unsafe. The police and border patrol really overcompensate because Juarez is basically the most dangerous city on the planet.
  14. casmith07

26,837 Messages
    2,201 Likes Received
    I've never felt unsafe in Mexico either.

Juarez is out of control and even the Mexican authorities pretty much let it be what it is.

Also re: "spill over" - no, won't happen. It's not "coming to your neighborhood." If that were the case it would've done so in the 80s and 90s. All this violence isn't new, it's just publicized now.
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,706 Messages
    3,198 Likes Received
    Me either. Then again I've never been. :D
  16. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Not even close.
  17. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Tell that to my nephew who was murdered by Zetas (sp?) 8 years ago.

It already HAS spilled over, a long time ago.
  18. casmith07

26,837 Messages
    2,201 Likes Received
    Yeah I was going to say I'll take Baghdad for 400, Alex.
  19. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,292 Messages
    1,763 Likes Received
    I don’t see what is taking place in Mexico the same as the streets of Chicago. I see this more like what took place in Columbia during Pablo Escobar reign. Political people, members of the media and police being executed and bodies put on display by the cartel is nothing close to run of the mill criminal activity. This is meant to intimidate anyone who thinks of standing in the way. Things are much worse in Mexico than they have been in the past.
  20. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not really comparable as this is like saying that Berlin was the most dangerous city in the world in 1945.