1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

5 or 6 starters at safety

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Feb 22, 2013.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,234 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    Chicago general manager Phil Emery said he sees up to five safeties who can become starters.

“There are five or six starters in this class at safety,” Emery said, “and that’s rare to me.”

Who do you think the 5 to 6 are

Vcarro
    Elam
    Reid
    Thomas
    Cyrien
    Swearinger
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,641 Messages
    2,018 Likes Received
    That's a good list...and why I don't think you should take one in the 1st unless there a separation BPA wise. Some of those guys will go in the 3rd round
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,556 Messages
    1,548 Likes Received
    Vaccarro
    Elam
    Thomas
    McDonald
    Cyprien
  4. Macnalty

Macnalty Active Member

958 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    I would agree with that list not necessarily in that order as I feel Reid cannot cover but can lay the wood. TJ McDonald might make the list from USC although he has the senior bowl play to overcome against Mike Williams (bama) the worlds slowest TE.

I think you have to take into account some of the CB's like David Amerson who no doubt could play safety and penetrate that list easily.
  5. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    Yea that's a good list. I can also see guys like McDonald, Rambo, Jefferson, shamarko thomas, earl wolff, Shawn and Duke Williams becoming starters early in their careers and definitely in Dallas. Extremely deep Safety class.
  6. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Tony Jefferson needs to be included.
  7. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.....1) Phil Emory has a SERIOUS rep as a great talent evaluator: it's how he got the GM job in chicago

2) This give me hope we can go Oline in 1st, saftety in 2nd and dtackle in 3rd depending on free agency (still think we should upgrade Def. tackle in Free agency if possible)