1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

5 Reasons to Book next week's game against the Eagles as a win

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Nov 5, 2012.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,945 Messages
    673 Likes Received
    Not to be negative and poopoo the idea of chalking another win but here is how I see it.

Eagles at home vs hated Cowboys
    Andy Reid's last stand
    Players like Maclin today openly support Reid
    Both teams 3-5

I can see the Eagles playing their best game. I don't care how bad they've looked Philly is a horrible place to play. Dogfight ..and that wasn't a joke. In the NFC East nothing is a given. We should win but I won't act like Garrett is just going to outdo Reid. In fact their game management is so horrible we might see both coaches ice the kicker at the same time and all 6 timeouts used in one quarter
  2. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

This stat should convince you will win with no problem

The first 6 possessions of the Falcons vs the Eagles defense resulted in 27 pts

The first 6 possessions of the Falcons vs the Cowboys defense resulted in 6 pts

The End
  3. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,817 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    I can certainly appreciate your enthusiasm...particularly considering what we have witnessed in the first 8 games. But there is one piece of data you seem to be ignoring. No matter how much the Eagles sucked against other teams last year, they looked like Super Bowl contenders against the Cowboys and won both games in very convincing fashion.

The end.
  4. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,490 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    It will come down to who sucks worse: Vick vs Romo. Place your bets.
  5. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

Their defense was stronger last season which is why they won the final 4 games
  6. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,817 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    It won't matter. The Cowboys simply do not match up well against this team and this game is Philadelphia's Super Bowl. I'm not saying they are going to win; I'm just saying you can't simply mark it down as a win, based on what they have done against other teams. It is the same with all of the NFCE foes. Regardless of what the Redskins, Eagles and/or Giants do against like competition, they play the Cowboys different and thus all previously compiled stats are moot.
  7. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

If they lose then Garrett should no longer be employed, because that would confirm he knows nothing about coaching
  8. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,817 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    I'm not going to step out on that limb, but I will say Jason Garrett has much to learn, particularly when it comes to instilling discipline and play calling.
  9. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

well losing is not a option for him this sunday since

he is 0-2 against the birds

0-2 in last 2 games and in danger of falling to 3-6

The Cowboys HAVE to win which is why it's this week's BEST BET
  10. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,211 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    In all honesty, so what if we roll the Eagles. Big whooptie do. All that will mean is that somehow, some way this team was able to put together 60 minutes of reasonably mistake free football without shooting themselves in the collective foot by commiting the most unbelievable, back-breaking penalty or turnover at the most crucial point of the game.

I know...quite an accomplishment, especially that last part, but I wouldn't get used to it if I were you.
  11. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

It will confirm that will we be 6-5 on thanksgiving night

eagles-win
    browns-win
    skins-win
  12. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,211 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Okay, so we'd be 6-5. I don't see how that matters at all with a team as sloppy as the Cowboys. Even if they by some miracle manage to get to the playoffs, they'll just piss the opportunity away with their lazy and undisciplined brand of football.
  13. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

One week at a time man.
  14. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,145 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    I don't expect the Eagles to play that poorly against us. Playing Dallas has a way of bringing out the best in our NFC East rivals.

It wouldn't matter if Dallas were 8-0 right now. As is, neither team has looked like any kind of world-beater, so it could go either way.
  15. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

There is a little truth to that, I remember back in 1999 the cowboys came to the Vet to play the eagles who were 0-4 and the Cowboys were 3-0 and the eagles won the game.

But there are 2 times Romo went in the Linc and lead the Cowboys to a blowout win in 2007 and 2009
  16. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,361 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    Jason is that you??
  17. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received

Numbers never Lie
  18. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member