1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

7-5 is what we'll be in about 7 hours

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,332 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    That's what we'll be in about 7 hours. I just wanted everyone to know that. Eat, drink, be merry, & most of all thankful that we're all fans of the greatest franchise known to man.
    Boyzmamacita, Carharris2 and Proximo like this.
  2. Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys Active Member

165 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    What?? You mean we wont be 6-6? Just when I thought we were becoming consistent at something.

I joke. Hopefully we start wining consistently. I want off this seesaw.
    lane likes this.
  3. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,779 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    And 5-2 in our last 7.
    dstovall5 and Bleu Star like this.
  4. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,305 Messages
    952 Likes Received
    Win out for rest of the year [year meaning 2013 season] right on into February.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  5. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,332 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    The recipe is there for a hot flare up at just the right time. I would love for my 8-8 (9-7 at best) preseason prediction to get blown out of the water.
    Nunez21 likes this.
  6. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,320 Messages
    941 Likes Received
    Not that confident at all. Actually I don't like any "guarantees" because nothing is guaranteed but death and taxes
  7. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,332 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    No guarantees. Just insight.
  8. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,312 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    Only guarantees this place likes are other teams guaranteeing victory or some of us guaranteeing a loss.

I myself made a lunch bet with another cowboy fan that they will win today.
    Boyzmamacita and Bleu Star like this.
  9. SSWilliams31

SSWilliams31 Member

49 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    U saying there are Cowboy fans who bet against the Cowboys...NOOOOOO
  10. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,332 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, yes.
  11. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,508 Messages
    752 Likes Received
    The recipe was there in 2011 after the Cowboys beat Miami on Thanksgiving for their 4th straight win giving them a 7-4 record heading into Dec. They were red hot and in excellent shape only to come back from the break flat losing to AZ on the road en route to a 1-4 Dec/Jan. It doesn't take much for the Cowboys to become complacent. The Bears in Chicago will be up next on a Monday Night followed by Green Bay so regardless of what happens today it's a must the Cowboys stay focused during the break and return ready to play football to avoid a repeat of past Decembers.
  12. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,332 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    I choose to look forward. Looking back serves no real purpose. That's like one of our fans using our last super bowl victory of 18 years ago to justify the fact that we're familiar with the playoffs. This team came back from the break and did the Gnats in their house after they tried every intimidation ploy known to man. I choose to embrace what I see in front of me.

Boyzmamacita likes this.
  13. KJJ

10,508 Messages
    752 Likes Received
    Going back 18 years ago serves no purpose that was a different team playing in a different era. I'm referring to recent history and the Cowboys have had some issues in Dec closing their seasons out strong. I'm not saying this will continue but until the Cowboys prove they can beat contending teams in Dec and win do or die games I'm going to remain skeptical. The Cowboys haven't beaten a team with a winning record all season and if they beat the Raiders today that will continue. When the Cowboys return from the break 3 of their last 4 games will be against contending teams. As has been the case with the Cowboys the last several years Dec will make or break their season. It's in Dec when you find out whether a team is a true contender or a pretender.
  14. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,332 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    Yeah. I've been through all of the December stuff. If you recall, going back several years, I started a lot of that "can't win in December" stuff on the board. I guess several years of mediocrity gives you a different outlook on things. It has for me. I take every positive with a smile and a hint of optimism mixed in with a touch of levity. I happen to believe this team is developing a toughness that will be invaluable in the coming weeks. I could be completely wrong too though. :D
  15. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,603 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Incorrect. The Cowboys defeated the Eagles, who are 6-5 at the moment.
  16. KJJ

10,508 Messages
    752 Likes Received
    Philly is 6-5 at the moment but were 3-3 when the Cowboys beat them. As usual you didn't comprehend my post.
  17. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,603 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Nope, if that were your meaning you would have said, "The Cowboys haven't beaten a team that had a winning record at the time."

I'll give you credit, though. It was a nice try.
  18. KJJ

10,508 Messages
    752 Likes Received
    That was my meaning and you're the only one who wasn't clear on it. It's not the first time you haven't been able to comprehend one of my posts mainly because you're too busy looking for an inaccuracy. Everything has to be spelled out in bold print for you.
  19. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,856 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    Come on boys!!! First time im drinking for a game this year!!! Anyone notice how.much more your into it and it means to you when youre Intoxicated!?! Lol
  20. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,332 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    & 7-5 is what we are. :D
    lwehlers, xvendettax914 and Vanilla2 like this.