1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

750,000 Job Lost This Year.

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,288 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    I just had a conversation with a friend of mine who was arguing how this actually going to help McCain.

Of course I told him he was crazy and that the incumbent party always gets blamed, regardless of if the candidate had anything to do with it or not.

So I am curious, how do yall see this? Can he turn it into a positive and catch back up in the polls or will this be an anchor around his neck and pull him under to the point where he will have little or no chance on Nov 4th?

Feel free to comment if you want, I was just curious from my friend's comments if yall think McCain can turn this into his favor or think like me that this is very, very, very bad news if you are McCain.
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,840 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    As long as the focus is on the economy, Obama is going to win. As a matter of fact, the longer that we go where the economy is the primary focus of the news cycle is just that much less of a chance McCain has to actually win.
  3. Beast_from_East

14,288 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    Thanks for commenting, I happen to agree 100% with your view.
  4. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,718 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Which I find ironic because the economy will not get better under Barack Hussein Obama, more taxes on business means less jobs, which means less money in the economy. To compound it even more is you will see even more companies going overseas, you write that down as a guarantee.
  5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,840 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Either way, voters think it's the number one issue and they trust Obama with it more than McCain. Guess you better start spreading the word. :D
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,118 Messages
    1,866 Likes Received
    159,000 Jobs in the last month.
  7. Beast_from_East

14,288 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    This recesion happened under the Republican's watch, thus the voters are going to blame them (and by extension McCain).

I am not saying this is right or wrong, this is just how it is. I dont think an incumbent party has ever won a presidential election during a recession, at least I cant think of any.

Kinda sucks for McCain, taking the fall for Bush's Administration.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    we are paying the price now for all the stupidity of BOTH parties for the last 10 years. Once Newt and Dole were no longer running congress, the conservatives lost their fiscal clout and Hastert was just another spend now politician and Frist the same. BUsh is NOT a fiscal conservative, and there you have it.
  9. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,718 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Unfortunately what people tend to forget is that under clinton it was a republican congress also. Well I am glad I have good job and over 100K in equity in my house I think I can ride out a 5 year recession(depression) under Obama
  10. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The only problem is that he might run it so far into the ground that it might last longer than 5 years.
  11. canters

canters Active Member

1,778 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Where is Bin Laden when we need him?

It must suck to be a political party that hopes for bad economic news to gain power.....that is really puting the counry first.
  12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,840 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    I'm not hoping for economic problems. They're already here. Where I'm lucky is that the guy I'm backing is seen by the majority of the electorate as a superior choice when it comes to economic issues.

It'd be one thing to have the economy just humming along and hope it goes in the toilet. It's another thing to be happy that it's an issue that voters see Obama as a better choice on.
  13. Beast_from_East

14,288 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    Democrates.....hope for bad economic news

Republicans.....hope for a terrorist attack.

This is a great two-party system we have, isnt it:(