1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

76 year old gas station clerk set on fire...(Died-Post #27)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Warick, May 21, 2012.

1. Warick

Warick Member

711 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Man-Jailed-After-Gas-Station-Clerk-Robbed-Burned-152232005.html

This poor 76 year old lady is a neighbor of a friend of mine, and is fighting for her life with burns over 40% of her body. She is a very sweet woman, and a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan. It's bad enough she lost her husband, but now she has to deal with this. Prayers to her, and her family.

It sickens me that there are people out there who will do something like this to another person. I hope this nut gets what is coming to him, and I for one would be first in line to knock that smug *** look off of his face. :mad:
  2. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    Dear lord.
  3. phillycard

phillycard Member

669 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Scumbag. Attacks on the completely innocent get me in a vengeful mood. Best wishes to her.
  4. kapolani

kapolani Well-Known Member

1,298 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    People who commit these kinds of acts should be publicly drawn, and quartered. It should be as painful as possible.
  5. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,603 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    I'm sure this grandma will be getting a visit/visits from several Dallas Cowboys after she begins recovery.
  6. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,337 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    [IMG]

I wish they were real.
  7. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

12,163 Messages
    1,143 Likes Received
    This dude will be fed, bathed and housed for many, many years and he won't have to lift a finger. :banghead:

What is wrong with people? I don't get it.
  8. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

4,020 Messages
    517 Likes Received
    Insane simply insane.
  9. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Feel so sorry for that poor lady. Stories like this make me sick ... sick of bastards who commit abhorrent crimes like this. Makes me long for old western justice methods. I'm talkin' O L D Western Justice.

No courtroom. Find the guilty and mete out some real justice, on the spot. Some scumbags deserve absolutely NO mercy. Would need to be handled by fair minded sorts, like some of the characters played by Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, or the like. The job WOULD get done right.

[IMG]
    -

Not meaning to make light of this story. I'm more than a little bit serious in wishing the immediate worst, on the worst of our society.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Benched

42,886 Messages
    2,403 Likes Received
    you will have those whining that its not his fault, he was abused as a child, etc.
  11. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let 'em whine, as they're viewing his smoldering dead corpse where they found the scumbag dealt with. Sorry if that sounds cruel, but WTH were HIS actions all about, if not intentionally inflicting demented cruelty w/ absolutely no regard for humanity?
  12. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun... Zone Supporter

27,443 Messages
    2,397 Likes Received
    Do you see the smirk on that fools face? :mad:

I would like to burn it off!!

Dirty punk!
  13. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,112 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    There are people who should just be stood up against the wall and shot. No question.

The real issue with the vigilante thing is making sure you got the right guys. As the number of guys pulled off death row in the recent past show, it's not always as easy as it's made out to be.
  14. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This is why people should have guns. To protect against scum like this. Anyway, please keep this thread updated with reports of this woman's condition. I will be praying for her.
  15. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not really advocating general vigilante justice, but I admit I like the IDEA of appropriately administered vigilante justice — if such a thing COULD be done — as long as it could be meted out by an honest and reliable minister of retribution, like the movie heroes audiences got to see dole out punishment in the old westerns.

The "How do you know for sure?" question would need to be answered ... beyond a shadow of a doubt. But if it were, well then ...
  16. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye.

15,507 Messages
    2,729 Likes Received
    As I see it, there are two types of vigilante justice:

1) Death Wish I style: The vigilante puts himself in situations where he knows he's likely to be attacked, and then he responds with deadly force after being attacked or assaulted in some way.

2) Death Wish II style: The vigilante goes after certain people in response to a specific wrong. He doesn't wait for the assailants to initiate the violence.

Of the two types, only Death Wish I is feasible. As you said, it's too difficult to know whether or not you have the right people otherwise. The drawback to Death Wish I is that you're completely reactive. The bad guy has to make the first move.
  17. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I'd go yard on this puke too.
  18. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,112 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Understood.

In this situation, it would certainly be appropriate for the perp. This is not the case of some nervous teenager with a twitchy trigger finger. One way or another the guy that did this needs to be removed from society.
  19. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    True, Neil. It's always an advantage to make the first move, but I only played by making the 2nd. It's the way I've always been.
  20. 1fisher

1fisher Well-Known Member

5,720 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Where's Jesse and Al? ...... oops wrong thread. :eek::