1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A general consensus on new Dallas Cowboy Travis Frederick...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Cowboysfan570

Cowboysfan570 Well-Known Member

1,063 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    I don't know that we actually have confirmation that he was #7 on their board.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,887 Messages
    7,308 Likes Received
    I'd say Kyle Long had a higher grade than Travis Frederick from most draft resources that I've read.
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I think Long and Pugh were big reaches. Neither one has the strength to start and play at a decent level for a while. Strength is the number one killer of rookie OL.
  4. Cowboysfan570

Cowboysfan570 Well-Known Member

1,063 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    I'm still really loving the Frederick pick, the guy is strong as hell and plays smart, plus he can play C/G which is a big bonus IMO.

As an aside, who is #78 for Wisconsin? He really stands out on the tape that I've seen so far also.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,887 Messages
    7,308 Likes Received
    Rob Havenstein. Could easily be a 1st round pick in 2015.
  6. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,114 Messages
    700 Likes Received
    That's meaningless to the fan base who will claim in a few years that he had a first round rating. If you believe some twitter reports, some GM's had him rated lower than a 3rd. Bottom line is we panicked and reached.

Bull. There was only one offensive lineman taken in the second round and that was an OT. He may be a very good player but that doesn't negate the fact that we reached for him in the first. And if the Cowboys brain trust sell him to the masses that he was #22 on their board, Floyd was (reportedly) #7 and they passed.

Only one went in the second round. You can like the player and still admit that he was a reach and even a huge reach if you listen to some reports.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    and you ignore what the situation was at the time of the pick; ;you do not want to be reminded of that do you? O line was flying away; we could not wait.

Too bad for you