1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A Good Loss

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Teague31, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,335 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    Yes I am typing this before the game is over but I don't care- this team has no killer instinct and hasn't had one in years. When you have a team down you finish them. PERIOD. Kudos to the skins for staying in it. Hopefully this is a wake up message. :bang2: :bang2: :banghead:
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,299 Messages
    4,462 Likes Received
    NO such thing as a good loss.
  3. BlueStar II

BlueStar II New Member

1,813 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You made a good point, when we should have shown the "killer instinct" as you called it and when we could have put the game out of reach, we allowed them to stay close.
  4. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,335 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    of course if cortez doesn't miss from 41 on the first drive all this is moot......... where is cundiff when we need him?
  5. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,655 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    There's no such thing as a good loss. Especially a game you dominated for 3 and half quarters against a bad team.
  6. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,430 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    Just seeing the way no class Gibbs and the 4skins reacted, it is definitely not a good loss.
  7. Z-Man

Z-Man New Member

230 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe if the play calling and Bledsoe's decision making was better we win. Maybe if A. Glenn knew this was a rivalry and could cover we win.
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,736 Messages
    558 Likes Received
    no..this is a great post. Jimmie would have put this away in the early third at the latest.

Played to not loose and look what happened.
  9. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,764 Messages
    558 Likes Received
    got that right!!!
  10. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,586 Messages
    836 Likes Received
    This one is not on Cortez........This one is on BP. He was too conservative when he had a chance to put them away.
  11. Tricked

Tricked Fascinated

660 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    we played a great defensive game, the skins had 2 good offensive plays that killed us, and it sucks that 2 plays could kill us, i guess we did it to them last year with crayton, but still... moss has some speed, they could have just sent him vertically and threw the ball to him :bang2:
  12. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,322 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    that is true, but him missing that early fg was not the point. we still didn't put the ball into the endzone but 1 time.
  13. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,549 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    they hung in there, Cowboys didn't....

wake up call to not lay down...
  14. PJCOWBOYS

PJCOWBOYS New Member

388 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Things I noticed.

(1) We NEED Peerless. Our offense was vanilla boring. Witten had like 2 catches. We need someone else that has speed who can get open.

(2) Our defense in that 2nd half looked tired and coudn't get to Burnell. Our secondary was pathetic on the deep passes. Aaron Glenn let Moss get by him on those 2 tds. Newman too let alot of short passes get caught, didn't even bother to try and get to the ball. Pathetic.

(3) We need a true FS. What did Keith Davis do in this game? Was he even in?
  15. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,343 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    Kind of hard to have a killer instinct when your play calling is so damn conservative. They didnt play to win they played not to lose. The 2 bogus calls on Flozell Adams killed 2 drives that might of been the difference but its hard to say that when the offense was so vanilla. The Skins did a good job of shutting down JJ, we needed to switch gears and soften them up with the pass but that never happened and Dallas just kept running for 1 to 3 yards and punting.
  16. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,280 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    This is a good loss for us it will teach them to play the whole 60 minutes. I think it will strengthen the team in the long run.
  17. KobeEgan

KobeEgan New Member

64 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yea that was pathetic...All Cowboys players (especially Roy Williams...my fav. player) have lost my respect.they arent gonna b able to regain it until week 5 either(if they beat the Eagles)...and if they lose to the 49ers r the Raiders they wont gain it back unless they humiliate the Eagles (I mean shutout, 60+ points) in week 5...most pathetic thing i have ever seen...and that last play was ********...the short pass then try to lateral it a bunch
  18. rockj7

rockj7 Active Member

841 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    Bring Back Jimmy Bring Back Jimmy I would of taken a loss last week then taken a loss this week. It's one thing to win when you are suppose to lose, it's another thing to win when your suppose to win. Jimmys Cowboys would have never lose this game.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good Loss my ***. We had this game won and we handed it to them on a silver "prevent defense" platter. We play them tight and tough all night and then go to a soft 10 yard cushion defense that just invites them to throw deep. And throwing deep is exactly what they need to do.

And what the HELL was that run into the middle when we had it down close on third down? We run right into the teeth of the defense. We just gave up on that series when we were poised for the knockout punch.

Our Coordinators or play callers or stratigist absolutely sucked in the last 5 minutes of that game....STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!

And it happened with those stupid jinxed Throwback uniforms...GOD I HATE THAT!!!

I am disgusted...and I am going to bed.
  20. KobeEgan

KobeEgan New Member

64 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    BP wasnt even calling the plays tho