1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A little reality

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Kaika, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Kaika

Kaika Have a Good Day Pilgrims

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know we all love Tony R.(The ROMO) And he deserves all our support and affection.;)

But every QB has a bad day.They all do.
    I don't think TR will have one this week, but I'm sure one will come sometime ,maybe not this year, but it will happen.

The reason I'm mentioning this is that, I would hate to see anyone jump off the support wagon for this guy because of a bad game. He's done wonderful things for us this year.

Lets not be fair weather fans and only support him when he's playing well.

Not saying anyone will ,but from what I see on the other forums ,when their QB is going bad, they jump all over him, question his ability and want to trade him.

JMO:starspin
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,043 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    Tony Romo shall be known from hereafter as simply, "The Romo."

Thank you and goodnight.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
  4. Kaika

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received

The corrections been made.
    sorry
  5. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,851 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    Don't worry. I just put a new set of shocks & struts on the wagon last week so it's ready just in case we get hoppers off & on. :D
  6. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Still has to be less of a gambler. He's gotten away with a number of iffy throws.
  7. Kaika

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I respectfully disagree. I think the gunslinger mentality is what makes him so good and enjoyable to watch.
  8. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,700 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    He's trying to make a play with those throws. He's very confident and feels that he can make any throw. That's the kind of QB I want. I'll take that over what we've had any day of the week...
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Enjoyable, yes, but it'll cost him and the team one of these days.
  10. Mansta54

9,700 Messages
    215 Likes Received

Well said, I agree 100%!!! :hammer:
  11. Mansta54

9,700 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    I can live with that. He's not PERFECT. He makes plays!!!!!
  12. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,043 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    It may cost them one game after it won them 5 others. I'll take that.
  13. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He has to learn that the team is good enough to win with him making high-percentage throws only, ala Troy. No more fake spikes.
  14. cowboys19

cowboys19 New Member

1,576 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He didn't have his best day, but he was facing the Colts D who has tremendous speed, something "The Romo" has never seen before. He will adjust trust me, this kid is smart.

Giants D
    Carolina D
    Washington D
    Cardinals D

none of them had the speed of the Colts. No other team will have a faster D then them, so "The Romo" even tho faced the fastest D in the NFL STILL was 19-23 for 200+ yards.

Yes he made a few bad throws that could have cost them if there wasen't a hold on Glenn, or the safety didn't drop the ball BUT

Ill take those once every while, because i love his mindset, he is thinking of making a big play every down. 8.5 yards per attempt. highest in the NFL:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
    :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
  15. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Geez, all qbs have bad games, and TR will have his. As Bill often says, it's not the bad day that matters, but how a qb reacts and comes back from it.

I doubt anyone is expecting perfection..and as a developing qb Tony's criticism will be more measured and reasonable than a vet's will be.

Frankly, TR could single-handedly blow a playoff game and I think the reaction would be primarily "But just wait til next year and the kid will REALLY show 'em."

He's earned a LOT of good will with his fine play and leadership...TR's the least likely player to get trashed or abandoned if he shows a clay toe or two.
  16. Kaika

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The reason I mentioned it was ,monitoring the other forums.
    Brunell who the forskins loved last year, now couldn't wait to send him packing, The gints who are questioning Elly and his talent who they loved when they won 5 in a row, McNabb over at the iggles forum blaming him for their losses and even us here with Drew, I know he played terrible for us for a while but man, I heard 'OFF WITH HIS HEAD" on this forum.

I know football is "What have you done for me lately" but I just want to make sure we give TR the fair chance he deserves.
    He's a quality QB and person.
  17. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,735 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    roger and troy had bad days at the office, too. just not enough to where it eclipsed my fond memories of them.

far as i'm concerned - we finally found our man. this four-game stretch ain't window dressing. "the romo" is the real deal.
  18. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    How many times has this already been said? Of course he'll have a bad day sometime....it just depends on what his "bad" day looks like.

A "bad" day for him could be an OK day for another QB....

A case in point....P. Manning had what many consider a "bad" day against us, yet lets look at it....PM had 20 completions for over 250 yards with 2 TD's.....pretty good day for most QB's.

The bad part of it was that he had 19 incompletions and 2 INT's.
  19. Kaika

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How many times has this been mentioned ?? I don't know. I haven't read any posts about it.
    Sorry for reposting.:rolleyes:
  20. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    No, the posts that "Hey, he's gonna have a bad game sooner or later...."

Yes, these types of posts have been posted...you just missed it. :horse: