1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

A-Rod Trade Revisited

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Mavs Man, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A-Rod's batting avg: .243

Yankees total salary: $183 million
    Rangers total salary: $60 million

Yankees record: 8-10
    Rangers record: 10-8

The season's still young, and A-Rod will certainly bat himself out of his slump, but all in all I'm feeling good with the "Kids" right now. After the trade I was excited with the youth movement and potential, but I didn't think they would start as well as they have.

I'll probably be eating crow in a few months when a few of the wheels go flat, but with the Rangers you have to take the good times when they come.
  2. RatisBeast

RatisBeast Chevy Guy

1,737 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Pays off for the Rangers more..... A-Rod = Overpaid
  3. windward

windward NFL Historian

15,732 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Asa fellow Rangers fan I am very pleased with the team's 11-8 record right now. I thought the team would be lucky to win 75 games at the start of the year. Now, .500 seems a very real possibility. It seems this franchise may be turning itself around
  4. Mavs Man

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So far, as seen in his departures from Seattle and Texas and their subsequent successes (and his new teams' failures), it's very possible that A-Rod fits the Ewing Theory.

What's the Ewing Theory? Check this out:

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/010509.html
  5. RatisBeast

RatisBeast Chevy Guy

1,737 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Cool read, let's hope it's true. Good to see fellow Rangers fans here.
  6. Mavs Man

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks. The most I expected when I started this thread was, "Baseball sucks," so I'm pleased as well to see multi-sports fans at cowboyszone.com.
  7. RatisBeast

RatisBeast Chevy Guy

1,737 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Don't worry I love basketball, I like baseball (Rangers) and Braves a little since a guy from my hometown plays for them. Feel free to post whatever of any sport, I'll be more than willing to exchance thoughts on different sports.