1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A Run First Offense and Potential For Success?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Verdict, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,434 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    1. I would think that a running back would run where ever he could get the yard. :)

2. True. But history does seem to repeat itself. If we follow your suggestion to its logical conclusion, then bringing Kiffin back is a mistake, since the Tampa Cover to is a somewhat antiquated defense. :)

3. Yes. I am not trying to argue a point or suggest a conclusion, just discussing the merits of that type of offense.

I understand why you might think that I am arguing against you because it is hard to judge intent or inflection from this form of communication.
  2. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,434 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    I know that is what they say ... but they used to say that about running backs too, and now most teams use a platoon situation at running back. I would stipulate that it would be a little bit more problematic to use a platoon at QB using the current offensive schemes in place, but I think that isn't nearly as important in a run first scheme. Player speed and decision making skills are more important than being able have passing accuracy or timing with receivers in a run first scheme.