1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A website that shows how bad the officiating was in the Giants game...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Tom [Giants fan], Jan 17, 2012.

1. Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan] Member

636 Messages
    21 Likes Received
  2. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,462 Messages
    149 Likes Received

The Jennings Fumble was certainly a terrible call.

As to the rest of the pictures: Hands to the face not being called/ Blow to the head being a missed call etc.

You can take every single NFL game this year and have photographic evidence of players being tackled by OT's and not getting a holding call ( it happened to Ware in the first Redskins game at least 4 times). And D-Linemen routinely hit the OL in the facemask and don't get called for it.

I guess what I am saying is: The problem wasn't the refs intentionally screwing the Giants(Besides maybe the fumble that was clear as day to the rest of the world) but more so just further proof of how bad officiating has been the last 3 years in particular. They are just more examples of the same things we as fans of all the NFL teams complain about constantly.
  3. Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan] Member

636 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Eli was hit late several times and it was never called. The refs missed so many calls that should have gone in the Giants favor and blew calls that went against the Giants.

I hear Houchili's or however you spell it crew is doing the NFC Championship game. I like that crew.
  4. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,462 Messages
    149 Likes Received

Hochuli I think is how it's spelled.

Trust me, I understand the outrage towards officiating, it is so bad some games that you have to question if it's intentionally missed. You watch the refs on camera looking directly at the foul in slow motion and still not calling it.

But look on the bright side, despite the bad calls, the Packers had basically no pass rush so Eli was picking them to pieces and you won. The calls they missed evidently didn't hurt you guys at all. It certainly COULD HAVE, but they didn't. At least your still playing. :(
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    word has been out since early season that the officials were told to not call much holding; that is the only explanation I can see for so many not to be called. THese guys are not blind; I think they pretty much have a quota per game and no more.

Maybe the games are not fixed but when this sort of thing is done its pretty close.
  6. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    why is the NFL the only major sport without professional full time officials?

Every time someone says we don't need that, I look at the horrendous officiating and I say- well it certainly can not make it any worse!
  7. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,398 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    They are considering making one guy from each of the crews (17 I think) full-time.

Problem is that who is that guy ? The Ref makes sense but...2 of the best would simply quit. One has a law practice, the other a nice business.

I do not think they need full time officials.
  8. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  9. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What a crock. The Giants wouldn't even be in the playoffs if they hadn't been the recipients of one of the biggest blown calls I've ever seen:

[youtube]8PnjhKFPZFQ[/youtube]
  10. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's Arizona's ball.
    The Giants get away with a lot of crap and to breath on a NY receiver is sure to bring about a PI. It's been that way a long time.

Not that I don't agree with the flubbed calls of the GB game, because they were bad, but I guess it just goes to show, Green Bay has more 'official' fans than NY does.
  11. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,774 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    That is on par with the non-call against the Redskins when Ellis was held. "There is no holding as the defensive player ran through the hold"...
  12. Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan] Member

636 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Here's the difference. After that game it was discussed by numerous so called experts and many agreed that the interpretation of the rule was applied correctly.

The calls that the refs are making in the playoffs against the Giants are obvious calls that are being missed. There are a number of bad calls going against the Giants both ways.
  13. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That was a terrible call... no two ways about it. He wouldn't have been down even if they were playing two-hand touch.

Giants have always gotten favoritism from the league... it's an axiom. The thought that any league (NFL, NBA, MLB) would have it out for a team from New York is patently absurd.
  14. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,398 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    LOL at the Giants being favored or getting calls.

Geez. It is extremely rare that refs win games.

That play was indeed a bad call however.
  15. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    opening game 2010. Boys vs Skins. Ref decided that game.
  16. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Officiating was horrible. It's really amazing the Giants won by as much as they did (17) with such lopsided officiating.
  17. Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan] Member

636 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    that the refs were intentionally blowing calls one way or another to favor anyone. I am saying it is awful how many calls were missed, period. These kind of bad calls could cost the giants a championship in the next two games. Thankfully, a competent crew is scheduled to call the games.
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,933 Messages
    1,315 Likes Received
    Other than the fumble the officiating wasn't THAT bad. The roughing on Osi was just that, roughing. He went helmet-to-helmet. They didn't show the replay enough but when they show it from the backside he definitely made contact with Rodgers' head. Not to mention the fact that he lead with the crown of his helmet, which I think is a penalty anyways.

The rest of the stuff was ticky-tack. Sometimes it gets called, sometimes it doesn't. And there were definitely hits on Rodgers (hands to the head) that didn't get called as well. It was a playoff game, and they let the guys play. I'm fine with that.

...They also didn't call a hold on the LT on the hail mary right before the half.
  19. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I agree with you Tom...the officials did everything they could to help the Packers win.

It's too bad teams have to beat the officials as well as their opponents.

I've always said these officials make mistakes, but they are all not honest, impartial, or unbiased......and that it a cold, hard fact.
  20. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,679 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Because each referee crew works a grand total of 20-24 games over the course of the entire year. You don't need to employ somebody full time to cover those games.
    Full time officials won't solve any problems. Baseball has full time officials and their calls are even worse than the NFL's, which is all the more pathetic considering how easy of a sport it is to officiate (i.e. hardly any judgement calls). How is watching video in July going to prevent the debacle we had this past Sunday? 25 million Americans could see it was a fumble but the one guy who made the decision couldn't.

Human error is a part of the game that can never be eliminated, pure and simple. Every fan of every team thinks their team gets screwed more than anybody else (people enjoy feeling persecuted), when it's really just a zero sum game.