1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Aaron Murray

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Sean50Lee, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

582 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Just want get some opinions about possible drafting him in the later rounds.
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,467 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    Later rounds? He won't be available late

He's too small though. But he won't go that late bc of it
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    79 *Aaron Murray QB 9 Georgia rJr 6-1 212 2-3
  4. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,106 Messages
    617 Likes Received
    I think he's a smart kid with a good arm and pretty tough...might be a tad small, but doesn't appear to be much shorter than Romo.
  5. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received

Im a UGA fan. He is going to get drafter higher than he belongs. I think he is a 2nd-3rd round pick. I could see him going mid-late first.
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We don't need to draft a quarterback yet. We need offensive linemen. Period. We've got everything else pretty much.
  7. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,807 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    OL, S, and RB should be our focus in the draft.

We need another OT, Free is sucking. We need at least one OG, most likely 2. We still need a legit C.

We have not solved our S issues, mainly because of injury. Still, the position is very deep in 2013. We should take advantage and draft one in the 1st or 2nd round.

As for RB, Murray is the starter. I want to bring up Dunbar to see if he has what it takes to stay with the team for next year. Felix needs to go away. Tanner is replaceable.

I would also like to look at DL.
  8. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,502 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    Free agency and draft should look early at OT, OG, center, safety, DE, and NT. Brent is ok at NT but not great. This draft has some true biggs for that position. I really like Sylvester Williams. Also I want a big 3-4 DE for the strong side that can get a pass rush like Kawann Short.

We need to add some beef to both lines and find a play making safety.
  9. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lol we better not be drafting a damn running back. That would be stupid on our part. We obviously have a stud in Murray and we can easily sign a back to spell him in free agency. No reason to waste a pick on a backup back.
  10. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I agree. Add some serious beef to both lines. Spears and Coleman are probably in their last year, but they are good at what they do. They are big body run stoppers. Would be nice to add a little play making to that.

Lets not even start on the offensive line. I can see them drafting 3 offensive lineman next year
  11. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,453 Messages
    179 Likes Received

There is a reason, if you haven't paid attention, this is no longer a 1 back league. It is not possible to pay a RB on top of what Dallas already is paying. I think a QB should be #1 on the list to draft, either in the 1st or 2nd rd.
  12. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    If we draft someone from sugar it will hopefully be john Jenkins or Bacari rambo