1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Aaron Rodgers down

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by jobberone, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,999 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    To actually determine whether those picks were wasted, you have to compare the Packers' percentage of unsuccessful draft picks to the percentage of unsuccessful draft pick of teams that don't employ such a strategy
    Common Sense likes this.
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,920 Messages
    5,325 Likes Received
    seriously though, when do you just accept that this franchise is cursed. injured right before the eagles and giants game. unbelievable! this is a curse no other way of explaining our bad luck.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,331 Messages
    4,471 Likes Received
    Goes back to that deal with the devel jerry did to get those 90's championships.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  4. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,241 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    Foles will have to deal with this defense and their RB's. I can see GB using a heavy; effective running attack.
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,920 Messages
    5,325 Likes Received
    that's the only explanation. i remember a couple of years ago the giants on the way to the super bowl played 5 or 6 backup qbs throughout the regular season. when does our luck come? are we being punished for not taking advantage of the wade years when we were a very healthy team?
  6. ScipioCowboy

14,999 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    Fair point in the sense you need to take advantage of the years when you enjoy relatively good health. The Cowboys squandered those -- 2007, 2009, and 2011.

However, I think the injury angle is somewhat overplayed on here. Look at what the Packers have been dealing with this year.
    Corso likes this.
  7. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,920 Messages
    5,325 Likes Received
    packers at least have a head coach. football gods should be more merciful on the injury front considering we don't have a coach. give us a break football gods!
  8. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,349 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    To attribute this team's long term woes to a curse is just to cover-up inept management and awful coaching.
  9. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,241 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    I can recall Glenn and TO being hobbled in our playoff game in 07. That was one of the worst games to stomach.
  10. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,589 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    I missed it. Did it look Tony Romo bad? I hope Aaron doesnt miss any games vs our division.
    Zordon and cowboys1981 like this.
  11. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,083 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    He seems fine.
  12. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,816 Messages
    547 Likes Received
    Every team has injuries. Good teams can overcome them.

zing!
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  13. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,721 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    Interesting -- Rodgers isn't wearing a sling which you would absolutely expect if they saw a break in the x-rays.

Maybe hairline?
  14. ScipioCowboy

14,999 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    You can only hope, I suppose.
  15. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I've always maintained it was that last one he got after his arrogant "any one of 500 coaches" comment. That was when he sold his soul. The devil gave him his ring with Switzer and helped him save face. The price for that was eternal mediocrity.

Of course I don't really believe any of that. I think.
  16. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,617 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    Possibly but not totally conclusive. Reading up on a broken collarbone, I found that if the broken ends are still in place, which happens a lot, surgery is not needed and they basically just tell you to stay away from anything that causes pain. If there is no pain, then a sling is not necessary. It should be fully healed in 12 weeks although all pain will be gone well before then and normal activities for regular people are resumed well before that. For a football player, it would mean out for the year at this point in the season. I can't see them letting him back on the field this year if it's broken.
  17. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,791 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    It seems like the Cowboys never get breaks like this. Either we always face a completely healthy team with all its key players or that key player(s) is coming back for an injury to face us.
  18. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,721 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    I believe Aikman came back from a fractured collarbone in 1998 in 6 games or so. Any idea if that was a full break or a hairline?
  19. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,373 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    You honestly believe in curses?
    Nav22 likes this.
  20. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,373 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received

I get the injury excuses- but a good team finds ways.

I hate using the injury excuse- even when justified.

*Unless your star QB goes down* then everything is thrown out the window.