1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Aaron ross

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Wolf2k5, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,351 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    That's not what I said. Thanks for misquoting me. Reading > you.

Good. Then you aren't ridiculous. For what it's worth, I think Blalock will make a good player for the right team.
  2. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    El Dudarino asked, in response to your intellectual post saying "University of Texas. No Thanks":

To which you responded:

Except nobody said anything about the first round, he asked you which corners you liked, period...

Your nonresponse was your tacit admission that you don't much, if anything, about this year's cornerbacks... which makes your feeble dismissal of Ross an expression of your bias, rather than being based on anything substantive...

Clearly, you're attempting to imply that UT = not worth drafting, though you made some effort in this post to dispel that image...

So now, I'll simply ask for your specific criticisms of Aaron Ross, beyond him wearing burnt orange in college... do you HAVE an specific criticisms, or was it just another mindless anti-Horns diatribe??

Good. Then you aren't ridiculous. For what it's worth, I think Blalock will make a good player for the right team.[/QUOTE]
  3. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gee, I don't EVER remember Ware's or Merriman's name coming up during the predraft debates about DJ... perhaps that's because they weren't draft-eligible until the following year...

Beyond that, any comparison between Johnson and those two would be asinine to begin with, given that the former is a pure 4-3 OLB, while the other two are 3-4 "tweeners", whose main responsibility is (or should be) rushing the passer...

Johnson wouldn't be worth a hammered crap doing what Ware and Merriman do, and Ware and Merriman wouldn't get CLOSE to a Pro Bowl if they were called on to play Johnson's role...

No sir, I don't recall anybody comparing DJ to those two...

OK, perhaps I was too quick to judge you, but in my defense, just saying "University of Texas. No Thanks" sure does SOUND like just another mindless Horns hater, doesn't it?? I mean, you offered NO other reasons for not wanting him until challenged, so it's not my fault if YOU created the impression that I called you out for...

"University of Texas. No Thanks"... yeah, how could I EVER have thought you were "picking on the school I like"...

Ahhh, but that's not what you SAID at first, is it?? Nope, that would have been a reasonable argument, indeed one that I'd probably basically agree with...

Nope, to refresh your memory, the ONLY reason you gave when I jumped into this little debate was "University of Texas"... happily, by giving you some grief about it, I was able to drag out of you the REAL reasons for your aversion to going after Ross at pick 22... and lo and behold, it's a reason I don't really have much of a problem with... I wouldn't squawk if the Boys went that way at 22, but if that's who they want, I'd rather see them trade down a bit first...
  4. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And you said "hook, line and sinker", which is claiming that you were just throwing out BAIT...

You might be tapdancing just as fast as you can now to distract us from that, but those were your words, and you knew what they meant when you typed them...

And that, son, is trolling...
  5. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,403 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    The scariest thing about this...

how do you know it carries a purse? :D
  6. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh really? Then why were all three selected in the first round of the 2005 draft? Time to put your tail between your legs and shuffle off.
  7. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Naw, time to get some sleep... LOL...

But hey, are you "stalking" me?? :rolleyes:
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,625 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    DJ certainly has not SHINED as many thought he would.
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    neosapian, what are you talking about? Ross ran 2 times at the Combine, a 4.42, and a 4.48, so he ran an official 4.45, and ran a 4.15 short-shuttle and 6.72 3-cone, pretty good

edit: and Ross is 6 foot, 193, a 4.45 is a good time for that type of measurment
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,922 Likes Received
    I'm a big Horns fan but I have some major doubts about Ross in the 1st rd. The guy gets out of position too often and gambles quite a bit and has given up some big plays while at Texas
  11. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Johnson has not been a disappointment either IMO. He hasnt been a pro-bowler but considering that other than Johnson, Law, and Allen there isnt much talent there well i would say Johnson has done a very good job. Put him on our D and i guarantee that he is a star!!!!!!
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,625 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    DJ was over rated at the time and it shows.
  13. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,804 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received
    I think DJ has played well. I mean, it's stupid to compare him to OLBs in a 34. In a 34, your SOLB is the star of the defense. In a 43, the Will is a guy who runs around making tackles and covering. DJ has done well in this capacity for KC. He's not going to be the guy who gets all the headlines because he isn't playing a glamour position but that doesn't mean he isn't doing well. That's crazy talk IMO.
  14. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Since when has Texas produced good NFL DB's?
  15. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,804 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received
    Your kidding right?
  16. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, Nathan Vasher SUCKS... :banghead:
  17. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,709 Messages
    303 Likes Received
    i think atleast one of these 3 will be there at 22 and i would take them in this order
    houston
    revis
    ross
    i don't see any of the 3 starting though. the key reason to get a cb in rnd one is they are good talent and glenn is out of here next year and henry is 30. i don't see us taking a starter in this draft myself. that doesnt mean they won't play but i just don't see a starter getting drafted by this team. but look how much time reeves played last year so the cb will play but not start
  18. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,209 Messages
    52 Likes Received

seriously

:lmao:

Vasher was one guy I was desperate for Dallas to get a few years ago and almost everyone here was trashing him just like they are Ross right now.

Ross is very rough right now but he plays very well in press coverage and has a nose for making plays. I think he will be a great player in a few years but he needs some good coaching.
  19. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    First off, I have no problem drafting a cornor. I do however have issue drafting a cornor just to move Henry to safety. We have Watkins whom I think will make a pretty damn good free safety when all is said and done. He is long and rangy and has speed. I think without question Watkins will be our starting free safety by the end of next year (if not from the start) or the year after at the lastest. The only way I see that not happening is if we draft a safety like Landry if for some psychotic reason he drops to #22 or we trade up to grab him.

Looking at the board, I think I would take Meachem or Houston at this point. If I drafted Houston it will be as a future replacement for Henry not to move Henry to safety.

As for running backs, I would never draft a running back in the first round unless he was something very special (Peterson, Bush, Sanders type running back) Lynch wouldn't really even be on the radar. While I think he is good, he isn't RB first round material in my book.
  20. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,416 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Hudson with the Jets and Bradley with the Iggles. Go Horns.