1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

About a dozen men with guns mingled outside of an Obama event

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by TheRat, Aug 17, 2009.

1. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,389 Messages
    578 Likes Received

I think at some point you have to. Either man up and remind this government we are still ready to revolt or just lay down and take it. I think people have had it and its either time to say okay we were mad when Obama did this, but we dealt with it. We were mad when Obama elected all those tax cheats, but we dealt with it. We were mad when he fired Chevy's man and gave out all that money, but we dealt with.

How far do you tell Obama okay "we'll take everything you dish out and we'll deal with it" Or do you draw the line. Something has to be done, hes like a kid waiting to find the boundries, and the country is parents that are armed. Its not going to be pretty if we wait.

You either tell Obama, we'll take it, do what you want, or you draw the line in the sand. I think people are drawing that line, and id rather they draw than shoot the line in the sand.
  2. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Revolting against "the" United States Government, the most technologically advanced Country in the history of the world would be pure suicide.

The way you get the U.S. Government to do what you want is for all Americans to excercise their right to vote and to take it as seriously as they do when buying a house, car or American Idol.
  3. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The founding fathers faced "suicide" too.
    There is no such thing as extremism when pursuing and conserving freedom.
    In the acquisition of liberty restraint is not a virtue.
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,273 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    The idea that anyone is ready to revolt over this is ridiculous. I don't support government run health care as it currently stands but good lord, if it passes it passes. There is a system in place that we all agreed to, it's served us pretty well this far, I'm not willing to give up on it just yet.

If the subject is the right to bare arms, then there's no conceiveable way for Obama to get rid of guns and if he does find a way to make it exceedingly difficult, guess what, a conservative will probably be in office next and let it lapse just like Bush did.
  5. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,899 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    so those conservative nuts at those town halls are basically suicide bombers is a sense. Is that what you are saying?
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,259 Messages
    2,456 Likes Received
    Only if you believe the Founding Fathers were suicide bombers.

However, there's a chasmic difference between fighting for survival in the face of overwhelming odds, and strapping dynamite to oneself and walking into a crowd.

Pity you can't see that.
  7. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received

There are a lot of things Rat can't see.
  8. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,046 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    Quoted for Truth
  9. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There aren't any oceans to cross.

The French won't be helping.

And most important, weapons of mass destruction could conceivably be used.

The sad part is I bet there are some on this forum ready to pick up arms right now :rolleyes: .
  10. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,234 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    Funny when Rat gets backed into a corner he trys to marginalize those that differ. Of course if Rat had his way he would be a Red Granny for the People's Party of Obama.
  11. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,108 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    What is sad about defending your liberties ? You would have been a Tory I gather.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Did tories vote their reps into office?
    Did tories have taxation with representation?
    Did tories have a state and federal constitution?

Comparing the USA and Government of today with the likes of being under british rule or being a torie is a pretty big reach IMO.

Those talking about revolt and comparing it to the British rule are reaching.

If you want to compare the USA and Government maybe you guys would be better off trying to compare it to the Civil war instead of trying to compare it to the American Revolution.

Not being a turd, just saying.:cool:
  13. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,046 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    I agree with this statement.

Like it or not ..... Obama and all these extreme leftist were voted into office by the American people.

All this revolt talk really rubs me the wrong way ..... I love my Country and have shed blood in defending it.

If anyone wants to take up arms against it ...... I would shoot you ....... even if I understood where you were coming from.

Sorry if anyone has a hard time understanding that.

14. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would as well. Use your vote.
  15. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,384 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    very sensible post in my opinion. like it or not obama was voted in, if you don't like it then vote him out in four years. vote republicans into congress in the interim to limit his power (am i right in thinking their are elections for congress between presidential elections?)
    democracy simply cannot work if people are going to rise up against a democratically elected official as they don't agree with them. i know its an extreme comparison but if you're not going to accept the result of a truly democratic vote you may as well have elections they way they have them in zimbabwe and iran, after all whats the point of a vote if you are only prepared to accept one result. i would like to think most people actualy share zrinkills viewpoint and would not be talking of the need to rise up and revolt against the government without the anonymity of the internet
  16. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,339 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    like you, i understand the frustrations but i'm not going to dive into the hype-abyss and believe everything i hear. i don't like obama and some major policies of his, but like bush, he was elected and this is his job now. there are better ways to express yourself than picking up guns and calling for a revolution.
  17. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,273 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    I don't think the idea of a revolt is as wide spread as the PZ would have you believe anyway. I think there will always be a sect of people that are willing to revolt (or at least talk revolt) over anything from raised taxes to the elimination of SuperSize at McDonalds.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,186 Messages
    2,028 Likes Received
    I think if this happens, the talking is pretty much over.

:laugh2:
  19. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Yeah...I might have to go put a beat down on them.

Hey buddy...here is a big mac right to the kisser and a super sized large drink enema up your wazoo.:laugh2: