1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ABQ Jr's Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ABQcowboyJR, Mar 2, 2012.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,188 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    Fortunately, it is not our decision. Fortunately, we payed good money to bring in one of the very best OL Coaches in the NFL. I'm not saying that you are not making valid points. Based on last year's performance by Costa, I understand your point of view. However, I don't think that last year is a very good venue to evaluate a lot of the younger players we had on the OL. Those guys were forced into the starting lineup too soon. They didn't have an off season to prepare them and they should probably never have been asked to be starters. Some of these guys may be gone or maybe all of them, I don't know. However, I think you have to give Callahan the chance to make that decision so this is why I take the position I do. There are several good Center FAs out there. I believe we can pick one up if we don't have anybody on the team that can do the job.
  2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,524 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I thought that you handled that question very diplomatically.

Do you think Dre is going to be there at 14 given the high premium placed on cover corners?
  3. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I think he will be because of his little pot ordeal. But even if he is not Gilmore will be. I might even prefer Gilmore because of the trouble Dre has found himself in. I think it comes down to interviews at that point. Gotta trust the FO to make the right decision.
  4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,524 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Mabye I'm out of the loop but is Gilmore that highly rated?
  5. ABQcowboyJR

2,929 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Not very many people on this board have him rated as high as i do. I think everyone has him as an early second and said he had stiff hips and was too slow. Then he had a great combine, good 40 great 3 cone time. So I think he will go in the middle of the first round. I'm thinking anywhere from 15 to 25.
  6. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,574 Messages
    2,950 Likes Received
    Not good, not bad. Except the first round pick. Big time NO to both those CBs.

Also, lol at Costa being back. But I like some of the later round alternatives. Some solid picks there that could provide some depth at much needed positions.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

35,188 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    I'm a little surprised that you looked at Kirkpatrice and Gilmore too. You've been on the Claiborne/Minnifield train for awhile. I do think that the two you have in your Mock are two that we will be looking at but just a little surprised that you went away from the other two. Do you think that they will be gone?
  8. ABQcowboyJR

2,929 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Minnifield will be there at 14, but its too early to take him. I'm also a little worried that he didn't participate in many drills at the combine. If we took Decastro in the first i'd like Minnifield in the second. This puts me in a tough spot because i believe that Bequette will be gone. He is a must have for me. So given the choice between the two i'd take Bequette. I am still high on Minnifield, but I really need to see how he does at his pro day.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

35,188 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    I like both of these corners better because I feel like we need bigger Corners to play Ryan's style of defense but your reasoning is sound IMO.