1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

According to the Yahoo playoff generator...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 28, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received

Seattle is in and has niners and rams at home so there's no catching them.

BUT......now that the bears are collapsing we now have a shot at one of the wildcards when it look like it was not going to happen
  2. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

789 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    We still have three tough games remaining. Steelers will come out to play next week, Saints might be dead team walking but they'll still score on us and the deadsklns have found some magic.

I'm actually not worried about us scoring point. None of the three teams we face really scare me up front defensively but stopping the Steelers, Saints and Skins will be a tough task with this mash unit.

We got a shot but I wouldn't be surprised either way.
  3. CowboysFanSince88

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received

If they some how beat the Steelers, they will be 9-6 when they face the skins in week 17. The saints are done
  4. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,502 Messages
    2,912 Likes Received
    Thanks to us getting almost no help today in the other games, it is becoming more and more clear that a Wildcard is probably not going to happen.

It looks like its division title or bust at this point. Man, if we just had 1 more win on the season we would be sitting pretty. Odds are that if we miss the playoffs, its going to be by 1 game for the second straight season.

Man that would suck.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,027 Messages
    7,762 Likes Received
    There are quite a few plausible scenarios where we can get in without winning the East. For example, we'd just need CHI to lose to GB and DET. We just need to concentrate on getting the next two Ws and a playoff berth probably awaits the winner of the next Skins game.
  6. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,977 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    We are 4-1 in our last 5 games. I had no idea, feels more like 3-2.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,027 Messages
    7,762 Likes Received
    Judging by the tone around here during that time, you weren't the only one. Just yesterday we had threads swearing we'd lose-out and that we had the worst coach in the league. Though, to be fair, at that point we'd only won 3-of-4. :)
  8. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,083 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    Just going by straight winning percentage to pick all the games on the playoff generator and us winning against the Redskins in the final week, we're in.

I'd take that. :)
  9. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,359 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    Someone give me a realistic scenario that has them getting in at 9-7, because I don't see it. Those losses to SEA and CHI really sting now.

They pretty much have to run the table. Or hope NYG chokes and loses 2 of their last 3.
  10. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,674 Messages
    1,018 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  11. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    If the Giants finish 9-7, and the Skins are 9-6(we beat Philly and Cleveland) with Dallas 8-7(you lose either one of your next 2), going into the week 17 game at Fedex, then the winner of the Fedex game goes in. So you would be in at 9-7.
  12. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,476 Messages
    6,038 Likes Received
    new orleans game scares me the most w/ this mash unit on defense.
  13. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,977 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    We also have the highest rated defense/offense combo in the division.
  14. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,083 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    That would be a pretty awesome scenario. Talk about high-pressure.
  15. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    What is scary is that there is a scenario where we could be 10-6 and not get in.

That would be really disappointing!
  16. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,702 Messages
    1,288 Likes Received
    That game is the least of my worries. Their defense is horrible and their offense can move the ball but Brees makes so many mistakes and takes so many risks I'm not worried. If it were in New Orleans yeah I'd be a little worried but at home I'm not. I know that sounds weird because we don't play well at home but New Orleans is a mess.
  17. kmd24

kmd24 Active Member

3,436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NY has back-to-back road games against the 11-2 Falcons and the 9-4 Ravens. It wouldn't be that strange for them to lose both games.
  18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,054 Messages
    2,295 Likes Received
    It's division or bust.

Don't get your hopes up unless we beat Pitt. If we beat Pitt then I think you can start to believe.
  19. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

530 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    Yep. It wouldn't be strange for them to lose both of them. However, I just have a feeling that they'll pull out atleast one of them. That team has a horseshoe up their a** and always seem to win a few ballgames they have absolutely no business winning.

I'm inclined to think that we have to win out to have a chance to get in. It is very possible to maybe lose one more and get in, but like I said, I just have a feeling New York will get that streak of luck again. We have the chance to take care of Washington. Who really knows what will happen.
  20. CowboysFanSince88

4,462 Messages
    194 Likes Received

Going by how they have been playing, I expect them to win one of them