1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Achy Muscles, Fatigue.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by CowboyMcCoy, Sep 4, 2012.

1. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    So I've been working a lot lately. That's not unusual for me. But I've found myself waking up almost every day with a sore back, hands and toes. It seemed like I was just tired from working 6 days a week. But even on days where work isn't that physically demanding recently, I've been having soreness. I'm only 36 and I feel like I'm getting old. Any advice? I was thinking of trying magnesium. A friend of mine recommended that.
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not to get too personal but have you been drinking more alcohol than usual lately? I had a friend who was having soreness in his limbs and the DR. told him that alcohol that is consumed out of the normal levels that your body is accustomed to will rob your body of certain nutrients and can cause joint soreness.

I'm not a doc but it made sense when he told me.
  3. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are you okay on the Type 2 Diabetes front, CM? Some of the symptoms you mentioned are a common part of that bad boy. Hope not. Frequent urination (sorry for being personal, though not trying to be vulgar here) is a big warning sign.

If your weight is in line, then likely not. Just throwing it out there to check off the list of possibilities.

I'm no doctor, but I did have T2 Diabetes become a part of my life in my late-30's. I wasn't crazy out of shape, but enough, when I was first diagnosed.

Body aches/pains, change of feeling in the hands and toes (feet), rougher-than-normal sleep... sorta out of it during my work day... that kind of thing. Hope it's something else and completely able to be brought back in line, in your situation.

Worth a doc visit to find out for sure.
  4. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I wouldn't just try supplements. Get a blood to test see where you're deficient. There is a blood test that I can't remember the name of, that tests your bodies deficiencies and possible food allergies. Ask your doctor (yes I work in pharma advertising and that lousy phrase follows everything. :p)
  5. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,300 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    You probably just need a holiday.
  6. SweCowboy

SweCowboy Member

218 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm no doctor either but it might be worth checking out and not just trying some supplements. Got diagnosed as T2 diabetic last year and yea it could be that, but probably not, especially if you are in decent shape. Another thing that messes up my joints is when I don't get enough fluids/salts in me and get slightly dehydrated. That can be due to consumption of coffee or alcohol since they will dehydrate you as well.

Myself I'm just starting to get into shape now since I broke my right leg about six months ago (think Radway but on an ice patch and not on the football field) and haven't really been able to work out until the last month or so due to that.
  7. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Amputate!
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Hydrate and eat some bananas
  9. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

[IMG]
  10. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    West Nile virus?
  11. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,845 Messages
    609 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  12. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,680 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    Rub some dirt on it.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,454 Messages
    1,648 Likes Received
    Fish Oil, Multi vitamin, Extra Protein in the diet, ICe your back, Glucosamine.
  14. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,300 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Go for a hot stone massage.
  15. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,011 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    You're gettin old.
  16. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,630 Messages
    561 Likes Received
    Doesn't sound too serious. Get 8 hours of sleep every night and eat properly. Don't skip a meal. You may have caught a cold or the flu. Eat some chicken soup. Try to walk around at work every hour os so if you are sitting for long periods.

Are you taking any medication for anything?

I have a laptop and a desktop computer at work. If I use the laptop for any extensive period of time my back and shoulders become a little sore.
  17. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I do drink a lot of coffee.... No alcohol though. I've been dry for years.
  18. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    At 36 I'm almost over the hill. :(
  19. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    This might help.

[IMG]
  20. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just turned 37 and I have all of those symptoms and then some.

...but I think it comes from working as a full time firefighter, my part time landscaping job (summer), my part time ski patrol job (winter), rugby, and crossfit.

I take multivitamins....I guess they help, but I'd rather just take more vacations. ;)