1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Actor & Role III

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hostile, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,895 Messages
    2,702 Likes Received
    How about Clint Eastwood?

Best...Josey Wales.

Worst...whatever his sappy name was in that love soap opera "Bridges of Madison County." I won't even watch it.
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Picking one is rough.

I really liked Escape From Alcatraz and The Unforgiven, although I really like Morgan Freeman so maybe that's a part of it.
  3. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,924 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Ive only seen like three

Best: Gran Torino

Worst: In the Line of Fire
  4. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is a tough one. There are probably 5 that I could name off as his best, and easily argue the merits of each. Actually have Outlaw Josey Wales posed to go into the DVD player in a few minutes.

Going with the dark horse

Best

Million Dollar Baby.

Worst:

A Few Dollars More. ALways hated that movie.

Dishonorable mention, Bridges of Madison County.
  5. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Best - The Good, Bad and the Ugly - obvious really!

Worst - High Plains Drifter - garbage.

I must give a shout out to Sondra Lock who has the acting talent of a tree. What was Clint thinking?
  6. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    heres one I enjoyed and watch everytime its on

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

In 1974, director Michael Cimino, made his debut as director for THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT. The result is a surprised combination of action, suspense, and comedy. Clint Eastwood plays John Doherty, a bank robber who is hiding from other members of his gang who think he ran away with the loot,(it is actually hidden behind a blackboard in a schoolhouse). After nearly being gunned down in his own church, Doherty takes off across a wheatfield, and literally runs into drifter Jeff Bridges,(Lightfoot) , who has just stolen a Pontiac. After getting Doherty out of trouble, the two begin a friendship that involves hookers, stealing cars, and running from Doherty's enemies.

George Kennedy plays Red Leary, a member of Doherty's gang who eventually catches up with him. Geoffery Lewis plays Goody, Leary's sidekick. After cornering Doherty,(nicknamed Thunderbolt) and Lightfoot, Doherty convinces them that the money is gone, although he is unaware the schoolhouse had been moved. They all then decide to rub off the same bank because no one would suspect them of doing it again. The plans leading up to it are funny. I always liked the part where Kennedy tells off the snotty kid while they are planning their route in the ice cream truck. Bridges dresses in drag to fool the security guard. When the whole operation is done, the police still catch up with them, and all hell breaks loose.
    Still, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot escape and find the money stashed behind the moved schoolhouse on the side of the road. They then buy an expensive convertible and light victory cigars. What happens next is very sad, although I won't give that away. The movie is highlighted by beautiful Montana scenery and long quiet periods with no music, creating a relaxing and peacful setting that will please any action buff. Cimino was obviously off to a good start, and he would win an Oscar for DEER HUNTER 4 years later. This is the most underrated movie of Eastwood's career, and it shows him on the other side of the law and doing a very good job of it

Pale Rider

7. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,502 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    There are so many (Dirty Harry, The Man with no Name, Josey Wales). I grew up on Clint Eastwood movies. To me, his best work was "Unforgiven". The characters carried that movie more than any of his other roles. The ending sequence with Gene Hackman was brilliant (A few curse words, so I'm only going to link it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4UwNwc9EQg

His worst was Bronco Billy. Man, I really hated that movie.
  8. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,177 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Bronco Billy may be the worst movie ever made.
  9. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,023 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    Best - Josey Wales

Worst - Pink Cadillac
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,933 Messages
    4,970 Likes Received
    Best - Dirty Harry
    Worst - Bridges of Madison County

:hammer:
  11. Boom

Boom Just Dez It

905 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Roger that, except I did go see Bridges at the theater with a girl I was dating at the time. I paid for the tickets by handing them my man card.
  12. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,244 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I haven't seen all of his movies, but to have only seen three is a damn crime.

Gran Torino is a really good one though.

Picking best movies from great actors is damn hard. I will just name movies that I absolutely loved with him in them.

As noted, Gran Torino, Unforgiven, Outlaw Josey Wales, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Dirty Hairy. I heard Mystic River was good, but that is one I've never seen.
  13. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I loved BoMC, but I guess being a woman makes me see it in a different light. I thought he and Meryl Streep were beautiful together, and such a refreshing, realistic change from the "hot young couple" type of romance movie.

That being said, I loved him in Unforgiven. No least favorite.
  14. Sam I Am

31,244 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    There are so many awesome quotes in that movie it's not even funny. Hell, just in that scene alone there are more than in 90% of other movies.
  15. Sam I Am

31,244 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    Never saw that movie, but Meryl Streep is easily one of the best actresses I've ever seen. She can make most movies by herself.
  16. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,895 Messages
    2,702 Likes Received
    Someone has to love Heartbreak Ridge.
  17. zrinkill

33,023 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    He was thinking he was sleeping with a girl 20 years his junior.
  18. zrinkill

33,023 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    Mario Peebles ruined that movie for me.
  19. Arch Stanton

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mystic River IMO is his best film as a director bar none.
  20. Arch Stanton

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would rather sleep with a tree..... :D