1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Adam Caplan: Mallett fall to 3rd round?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Wimbo, Feb 9, 2011.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,628 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    Most of the big time busts at QB have been guys that have big arms and small brains. Jeff George, etc. So any time I see someone boasting about a QB with a big arm, I doubt it.
  2. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Apparently there are some concerns and issues of the Matt Jones variety.

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/character-concern-ryan-mallett/
  3. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,454 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    Mallett is actually more like Kerry Collins, he doesn't have the long release that Leftwich has.

His stock is dropping because of reported drug use, not his ability as a passer. That's a big character concern for teams but even so he won't fall to the 3rd round, I still think he goes in the top 40 picks.
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,000 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No way Mallett falls to the 3rd. At the absolute latest, he will go mid to early 2nd I think.

I wouldn't draft Cam Newton in the first and I wouldn't draft him to be a QB either. Since that is what I'm sure he will demand, I just wouldn't draft Cam.
  5. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,000 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  6. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    For some reason I can see Mallett getting drafted, becoming someone's problem for three or four seasons, getting released, finding himself and then becoming a good player.
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Aka Kerry Collins.
  8. alohawg

alohawg Active Member

1,242 Messages
    12 Likes Received

I see him as a QB that will beat the Dallas defense like a drum for years to come ala Randy Moss. Of course everybody will claim they knew how good he was gonna be etc.....
    Now, can someone explain the Locker lovefest???
  9. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I haven't seen a lovefest for Locker in quite some time. I think many people think he's basically a 3rd round or later prospect. Maybe 2nd round if someone falls in love with him and reaches for him.
  10. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,245 Messages
    1,177 Likes Received
    Everybody did know how good Moss was going to be. The question was could he stay out of trouble. And he wasn't going to stay out of trouble if he was in Dallas.

Dallas can pass on Mallett. Mostly because they have Tony Romo. I don't think Mallett is going to be special. Even if I am wrong, Dallas still has Romo, so getting Mallet would not solve anything.
  11. alohawg

alohawg Active Member

1,242 Messages
    12 Likes Received

Dallas better resolve the o-line issues first no doubt but even then I have doubts that Romo will ever be more than Danny White was. I would have no issues with grabbing Mallett and putting Romo on notice while working on other concerns. I think with the right start Mallett can be special.