1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Adam Schefter reports that Panthers LB Dan Connor is still in Dallas and negotiating

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 15, 2012.

1. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Like how fans gave up on Sean Lee after his rookie season?

Fans need instant gratification. If you don't immediately look like a pro bowler, than you suck. :banghead:
  2. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    If Connor doesn't work out, I really hope the Cowboys take a flier on David Hawthorne. Local guy from TCU that has produced very well recently.
  3. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    :bow:
  4. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,692 Messages
    593 Likes Received
    Me too...this would be icing on the cake. If we can get him signed and keep him from the Iggles, it would be doubly nice.

Scrounge up one of the safeties and we might be done in free agency. Would be a nice haul. Carr would be the flashy one but the rest seem to be guys that can help.

The one disappointment is not getting Davis. I think he could have been a steal for us.
  5. Pokes12

Pokes12 Active Member

487 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Don't ever admit the truth, no one else on this board does. They are all experts with deep throated insiders that let them know exactly what is happening.

Jerry Jones is a great owner? We know this because he has won one playoff in 16 years.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    I know we're looking at his LB mate Tank Carder.
  7. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Well done.
  8. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    That wasn't the point I was trying to make. Kind of a backhanded statement.
  9. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I just hope we don't have to take him in the 3rd after his good combine. I know they won't do it, but I wish Vontaze Burfict wasn't batsh** crazy so we could take him to stop the inevitable fall.

I do love me some Carder. I don't like all of the arm bands that he wears though.

[IMG]
  10. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,999 Messages
    298 Likes Received

thats big money in Hawthorne compared to Connor.

Connor would be ideal for this team. Can replace Brooking and/or Bradie, not complain about playing time and be steady for the next 4 years.

Carter is the deafcto starter and i think can be every bit as good as lee is showing, but with better speed.
  11. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Carder's the first kid I can think of to come out of my hometown, so I'm way too invested in that one.
  12. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I figured as much with money. I haven't heard his name out there so I wasn't sure what kind of offers he was getting. Just as long as we keep getting younger, I trust the FO moves.
  13. Rayman

Rayman New Member

251 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bottom 3 GM......
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    Jerry's skills as an owner have never been called into question.
  15. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,586 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Sure it has, our owner is hired and who is putting up with our sorry GM. One start of a decent off season can't erase the past 16 years. String a few in a row and start showing it on the field the we will talk decent owner and GM.
  16. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Cowboys still visiting with Carolina free agent LB Dan Connor
    ByBrandon George / Reporter
    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/a...ca.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio

11:07 AM on Thu., Mar. 15, 2012 | Permalink
    The Cowboys visited with Carolina free agent linebacker Dan Connor on Wednesday and those talks will continue today, coach Jason Garrett said.

"We're excited to have Dan Connor in, a Penn State guy, drafted by Carolina. He right kind of guy, a very productive player for them, a very productive player in college," Garrett said. "We've had a good visit with him so far and we'll get the chance to visit with him more today and just see where we are and where he is and continue along with this process."
  17. Loso86

Loso86 Member

37 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    same owner who got us the triplets and 3 superbowls as much as some of you try hard to forget that (seems like) it happened
  18. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Man, i love "Jason Garrett speak", lol.
  19. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,451 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Just ask the Eagle fans.....
  20. RoyTheHammer