1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Afternoon Camp Observations

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Chrissyboy, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Chrissyboy

Chrissyboy Member

399 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Difficult to see what was going in all the time due to majority of practice being held in opposite corner, but...

1 All the young DTs were very impressive in terms of strength and intensity.
    2 Fergy looked the worst of the bunch in individual drills, but we know he is really the premier Nt of the group.
    3 Jay Ratliffe lined up as both DT and DE. Looked impressive in a number of drills.
    4 Anthony Henry went 1-1 with Miles Austin when defending a bomb. Great play, but couldn't tell if it was an excellent diving effort from Austin or great pass defence from Henry. Great to watch in any case.
    5 Roy continues to practice as he plays!
    6 Drew Henson continued to look out of sorts to me.
    7 Flozell continued to jog with the conditioning coaches. Definitely dragging one leg. i'm not concerned, I'm pretty sure if the season started next week, he'd be there.
    8 TO blew open in a couple of coverages, took it to the house and loved the adoration from the crowd!
    9 TO signed lots of memorabilia for the crowd.
    10 The crowd got carried away at the end, cheering for BP to come and sign autographs. Unfortunately, they didn't seem to understand that chants of TU-NA TU-NA would not be well receved!! Needless to say, he did not respond! (Never does anyway, so I guess nothing lost!)

[IMG] TO surrounded by the media circus

[IMG] Demarcus Ware and Junior Glymph

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. dal0789

dal0789 New Member

592 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    T.O. looks like someone punched him in the eye in the first pic lol
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,545 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    ChrissyBoy...

YOU

ARE

THE MAN!
  4. Dangerous Dave

Dangerous Dave New Member

598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is that DWare in the 2nd photo? I didn't know he was still with
    the Cowboys....

I truly appreciate all these camp reports coming from our fans......

maybe the mediots can leave Oxnard and go report on the Bengals....

Or maybe the Vikings will take their boat out for a spin...
  5. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,586 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    I don't get the dragging leg comment about Flozell...here is video of him jogging....looks pretty good. There was another guy saying that it looked painful to watch Flozell. This is why you have to just read most of this with and not take it to heart.

http://cbs11tv.com/

Click on the Cowboys report
  6. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,285 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    We got DeMarcus's new nickname....Babyface. The dude looks 12 years old in the face.
  7. Fla Cowpoke

2,586 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    Yeah...he looks really young.
  8. Chrissyboy

Chrissyboy Member

399 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Without stating the obvious - he failed the fitness test for a reason. He put a lot of effort into both sessions, spending his time jogging around the facility with Joe J.

I think you're right to question what is reported. As I said earlier, there is a lot of hot air written out there. I'm sure if you pay sufficient attention, you'll discover that a lot of reporters will contradict themselves, never mind each other.

i failed to notice his limp in the am session, but unquestionably was limping late in the pm session!

Then again, I've played a lot of soccer to a very high standard and been hobbled by various injuries - and when I get towards the end of a session, those injuries seem to return. i guess the strength isn't in the particular parts that need it!

Anyway - Flozell was hobbling, but I'm not overly concerned by it!
  9. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,940 Messages
    323 Likes Received
  10. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]

I took this picture at camp today. Chrissyboy is the 2nd from the left with the gold thing on his knee.
  11. Fla Cowpoke

2,586 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    Haha, nice one Adam.

Chrissyboy, glad to hear from a board member...and I just hate the conflicting reports more than not hearing anything at all.

I would expect anyone coming off a knee injury is going to be showing some signs of the injury. I mean it wouldn't be a year out from the surgery until what, mid to late October? So he really is only 9 months out. He doesn't look bad IMO. And he looks to be in good shape. Doesn't really seem to be a belly at all.
  12. Chrissyboy

Chrissyboy Member

399 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks Superman!

I guess in which case, I'm glad we're at the end of July and not near the 4th!!

Adam, my eyes arren't what I wish they were - the way I recognise BP when I scan the field of grey-haired coaches is by his mid-rif!! Uncanny - how did yoou gaiin access to his photo album?
  13. randy932

randy932 Member

529 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Just going by that video, he seems to be dragging that leg pretty obviously.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,439 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    Considering that the only running he will be doing during the games is maybe on a screen play I am not concerned. As long as he can move his feet quick enough in the first couple of seconds of each play that is what matters.
  15. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Thank you for the report and pics. :)
  16. panchucko

panchucko We have a pretty good offense Zone Supporter

1,977 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Did you see Beriault? I have been wondering how he is progressing.

Thanks
  17. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,170 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Nice pics...thanks for posting
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,705 Messages
    3,924 Likes Received
    Training camp pics :bow:
  19. America's Team

America's Team Florida Cowboy

599 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I havent heard anything about witten yet.
  20. Chrissyboy

Chrissyboy Member

399 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Beriault was there. I didn't see him do much. Last year, i remember seeing him really light the place up.

Witten has looked good. I haven't posted much about him, I suppose as much as anything, because we just expect great things of him. His routes have been crisp and precise. He has caught everything thrown at him. He was constanly getting open. Believe me a lot of traffic was going his way. A number of passes were thrown for him to make intermediate to long gains. He will be everything we expect of him. From my angle, I couldn't make comments on his blocking as it was jst a sea of white!!