1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ahmadinejad Tells Japan to ‘Prepare for a World Without the U.S.’

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Doomsday101, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,070 Messages
    2,858 Likes Received
    Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told Japan’s prime minister Thursday that the world will soon not include the United States, Iranian news agency IRNA reported.

"The U.S. domination is on the fall. Iran and Japan as two civilized and influential nations should get ready for a world minus the U.S.," Ahmadinejad told Japanese Prime Minister Yasuo ***uda on the sidelines of the U.N. food summit in Rome on Tuesday, IRNA reported.

The hard-line leader called for Japan’s cooperation in finding their historical and true status, IRNA reported.

"No body or power can wipe Iran off the world scene and Iranian nation of course can well manage its affairs under such an atmosphere," he said.

Also on Thursday, Iran accused the U.S. of pressuring the U.N.'s nuclear agency to base its latest investigation of Tehran's nuclear activities on fake evidence suggesting that Iran had a secret weapons program.

Ahmadinejad is currently at odds with Iran's new reformist parliament due to growing social and economic unrest.

In addition, the Iranian president is under fire worldwide for his comments on the destruction of Israel, his "suspicions" of the Sept. 11 terror attacks and his belief that homosexuals deserve to be executed, tortured or both.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,904 Messages
    4,262 Likes Received
    At this point do we really take anything this talking piece has to say as serious?

Seriously it just seems like he is nothing more than that little sawed off pepper down around columbia that likes to hear his own voice.

I think this guy talks so much smack because he lacks the marbles to do much more than talk smack.
  3. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,158 Messages
    844 Likes Received
    And now, we get to the crux of it...

Perhaps his recent comments are to invoke a sense of nationalism (a la Kim Jung Il).... and perhaps to spark the fundamentalists to gather around Ahmadinejad, which would keep him in office.

Not something I would bet on, if I was Israel.... but I do wonder sometimes...
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,207 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    when his religion says for him to do what he's saying he's out to do, yes.

you threaten to take us out, we should take THEM out first. figure out if they meant it later.

yes, i take threats seriously. i don't just dork around and go "oh, he's just talk".

if someone said they would attack our world trade center - rhetoric or would they be serious? till they did it it was all talk. now i take their talk seriously.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,070 Messages
    2,858 Likes Received
    Talk like this is going to make the arguement of non-precondition talks with Ahmadinejad hard to sell.
  6. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    The Iranian's read about Hillary's comments, McCain's comments and Obama's. Ahmadinejad offers his own in response.

An attack on Iran would be a political disaster, so the U.S. is going the slow route and gaining a stronger foothold in the region. The U.S. doesn't want to strengthen their stance as a victim and weaken their support amongst their own inside dissenters.

Right now he's talking, he'd like for it to be a reality, but at this point it's a war of diplomatic strategy and fiery rhetoric. There's enough evidence to take them to task, but right now we don't have that luxury politically.

In any event, the U.S. still maintains military presence on Iran's borders and can counter any military action. It may be on the table, but it's still the last option.
  7. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I think someone should talk to him. Publically and straight forward. Call him on all of his bluffs and threats and his misguided idea's of addressing the Israel/Palestine situation.

Unfortunately, being a politician is not synonymous with straight talk.
  8. BrAinPaiNt

60,904 Messages
    4,262 Likes Received
    I guess we did not learn our lesson than.

This sounds similar to the big bad Saddam who had jack squat to do other than to sound tough when there were enemies at the door.

I think 90% of what this guy says is flat out macho BS to try and scare off any potential threat from the US and Israel.

They see themselves as essentially being surrounded. They see themselves being called a member of the Axis of Evil. They see a country just invaded and set up as a future base of operations.

Here we have TWO countries that have a GREAT deal of nukes and weaponry who do not like them. They have no Nuke weapons. They are seeing a future where the US wants to dictate what The US wants Iran to be. They see a possible future of the US trying to turn their country into another Iraq.

I think he is just talking tough and spouting off stuff in order to try and scare anyone from attacking him.

I think he stands behind his religion, like many in the world, as an excuse to justify himself to his fellow country men.

The more the US pressures Iran or makes it seem like we will do something to them, the more power HE gains through the Iranian people. Right now he does not represent most of Iran, to the contrary he only reps a few and is nothing more than a talking mouth to those few. However if we don't do this the right way we will turn those that don't follow him into those that do.

I don't think this guy is that big right now, I don't want us to turn him into something bigger.

I have NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER with us making sure they do not get nuke weapons. What I would rather see is a plan to make the Iranian people that do not follow him to put pressure on his, and his masters, with their own means.

The only way for this guy to gain power to become a serious threat, is if we help him along the way.

Let him keep running his pie hole until the Iranian people have enough of him. Sit there and let him hang himself with his own rope and the only thing we need to worry about is blocking him from getting Nukes IMO. The rest will take care of itself.
  9. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,741 Messages
    2,417 Likes Received
    I take every threat seriously, and that sounded very much like a threat to me. A coincidence that he told this to Japan, the only nation every to be bombed with a nuclear weapon?

I doubt that very much.
  10. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well that settles it.

All out WAR is the only option.
  11. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,158 Messages
    844 Likes Received

Thing is.... unless there are more to the comments that the O.P. left out or Ahmadinejad made... I don't think he's making a threat.

He's making a prediction....well..... sort of. He is saying US domination is on the fall (which, is either his perception, or he is lying)... and that Iran and Japan should get ready fro a world minus the U.S. (which, in context of the previous sentence, doesn't mean a world minus the U.S. in the literal sense but in the sense of US domination that has led foreign politics for the past 50 years)

Unless there are more comments he made that weren't included, I am not sure these are threats against the US.... just more Anti-American comments.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,893 Messages
    2,138 Likes Received
    It's really Iran's willingness to fund and supply Hezbollah that bothers me the most....not really Iran attacking anyone directly.
  13. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    As Ernst Blofeld said in Diamonds are Forever, this guy's tough talk is like impotent beach boys flexing their muscles.
  14. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :shoot1: :shoot2:
  15. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,741 Messages
    2,417 Likes Received
    At one time no one took Hitler seriously.
  16. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,158 Messages
    844 Likes Received

Thing is.... if war with Iran is indeed inevitable.... I'd prefer to wait until Dubya is out of office.

Don't want him handling Iran.
  17. BrAinPaiNt

60,904 Messages
    4,262 Likes Received
    I don't want him handling anything. However I am afraid the ramp up is beyond turning back now.
  18. Brandon

Brandon Benched

928 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Our president attacked the World Trade Center. I'm great friends will two members of the NYFD and I've been told many stories about the weird explosions and multiple other things that went on in the towers those days that obviously don't get out to the media.
  19. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,158 Messages
    844 Likes Received
    Yeah.

Then he convinced both Democrats and Republicans to cover it up (aka 9-11 Commission Report).
  20. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    [IMG]