1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: Aikman to Rocket

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ehcrossing, Jun 27, 2013.

1. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,397 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    It was the season opener and Daniel Snyder's first game as the Redskins owner.
    kboyer likes this.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,242 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    76 yards, 76 posts.

Humm..........
  3. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,033 Messages
    653 Likes Received
    I recall that game very clearly. What I remember the most was that we got down and started to go all pass. Emmitt was on the sidelines screaming at coaches to give him the ball. They do and he just eats right though the D and leads two TD drives that put us back in reach.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,181 Messages
    1,308 Likes Received

When you suck so badly like we do running the ball then the D KNOWS that there is MINIMAL risk of getting badly burned. simple as that. And they are exactly right to ignore our running game. Smart players would anyway
  5. ehcrossing

ehcrossing Well-Known Member

612 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    It's a sign. It's a sign of very good things coming the Cowboys way this season.
  6. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

864 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    I miss Rocket.
  7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,264 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    That was the the end for Aikman. His last great game.
  8. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,938 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    looked a bit like the Cowboys OT win over the 49ers a couple of years ago (Romo to Holley)...still wish Holley could have gotten into the endzone on that one
  9. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,273 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    awesome moment and game, luckily they didnt call that false start by Emmitt.
  10. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,855 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received
    We were down by 21 pts and the Skins fans were feeling mighty good. It sucked being there until the comeback in the 4th quarter. I never felt so miserable at a Cowboys Skins game and I never felt so good being at one like this game. The comeback and then the quick strike in OT to win it was like a dagger in the heart for 70,000+ Skins fans. Normally Skins fans will mouth off to Cowboys fans there win or lose - but not that day. Not a word from a Skins fan after that game!
  11. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,217 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    Damn, it doesn't get much better than that.
  12. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,827 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    That play is almost exactly like the play where Romo hit Holley in the 49'er game...very similar.
  13. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,042 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    It was the last great performance of TheTriplets as we knew them. Aikman i believe set a career high with 5 TDs. Irvin came on strong late with really some unbelievable CLUTCH catches with people draped all over him. Emmitt finished with over 100 yds and a TD. It was a glorious day to be in attendance at Jack Kent Cooke Stadium.

It was truly a game of runs. The Boys took control early with a 14-3 lead then the Skins completely dominated the 2nd-3rd quarters. Our CBs were a complete joke that day. Charlie Williams(?) and Kevin Mathis were burnt to a crisp. anyway, the cowboys stormed back with 21 points late to tie the game. Again, Irvin was huge late in that game...
  14. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,692 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Aikman was pretty damn good vs the Giants in the season finale.
  15. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

1,118 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I think I enjoyed that win more than any other between the '96 and '06 seasons. Can't think of another one offhand that comes close.
  16. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

1,679 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    Biggest play of that game was the play before, when Moose recovered an Emmitt Smith fumble.

Last play for Johnston in a Cowboy uniform, BTW.
  17. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,565 Messages
    1,187 Likes Received
    They ran that play in regulation and Rocket dropped the ball. Just went through his hands.

They then sat on it and waited.

What I love about replays such as this is the camera angles that show the fans in the stands. Especially when it is in the other team's stadium.

I love watching the reactions of the fans.

I think there is another angle of this pass play and there is a woman that goes berserk. She is a Redskins fan.

I suppose that is a terrible thing to find fascinating.
    Idgit likes this.
  18. Mike_45

Mike_45 Active Member

1,092 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    That was an outstanding play. Just sucked the wind right out of that turd stadium.
    Cumart21 and Wheeltax like this.
  19. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,205 Messages
    226 Likes Received

lol......
  20. ehcrossing

ehcrossing Well-Known Member

612 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    It was awesome young man.