1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Aj Green And Julio Jones vertical

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Trace1015, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Trace1015

Trace1015 Member

415 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Green only jumped a 34.5 while Jones jumped 38.5 hmmmmm
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,514 Messages
    878 Likes Received
    AJ Greem 10-2 Broad jump....Julio with 10-11

Dez w 11-1 lol
  3. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,520 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Spoke 2 soon 11'3
  4. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,514 Messages
    878 Likes Received
    thats ok...my post wasnt to suggest Dez was better than both..

it was intended to laugh at AJ Green

R2A is going to be a no show til draft day lol
  5. Texan_Eph89

Texan_Eph89 Well-Known Member

1,062 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    He got the extra .2 with the extra 2 to 3 inches he has in height to Dez..

If Dez was 6' 4, I'm pretty sure he would of done just as well if not better. I'll take the 11.1.

Either way, I see Jones having a nice career, but I think Green will have a better one.
  6. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's insane.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    I like both guys but if I had to pick one I would take on draft day AJ Green still gets my vote. Combines are great but watching both players over their college careers I like Green a bit more.
  8. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's 6'2" just like Dez is.
  9. Trace1015

Trace1015 Member

415 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    green is 6'4
  10. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Green, A.J. WO11 WR Georgia 6035 211 lbs 34 3/8 4.48 (40-yard)

That's the official height...6'3 1/2"
  11. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,136 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    Julio will be the best WR in this draft. He has the production, size & speed, and to me the best thing about him is that he is a competitor.
  12. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    I like him but it sure helps when you have a back like Ingram where defense are forced to bring DB's up in the box to stop the run.
  13. NeonDeion21

2,136 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    It sure doesn't help your production either when they run the ball 40 times a game.
  14. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    It helps when you get alot of 1 on 1 matchups because the safety are having to come up to stop the run. As I said I like both guys but given the overall talent of Alabama compared to that of Georgia, I think Green did more with less around him
  15. NeonDeion21

2,136 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    I'll agree to disagree on this one. Maybe for me, I just believe there isn't as big of a gap between them as many people seem to think.
  16. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,502 Likes Received
    But he couldn't get off the press from Patrick Peterson.

That's the one thing keeping him from being a top 4 selection.

Jones is better athlete than Green but Green has shown better body control and hands.

I wouldn't take a top WR myself this year. I think Jones is 3 years away from being a #1 WR and Green is an immediate starter but not a big-time playmaker.

Dez is a better version of both imho. As smooth as Green and almost as athletic as Jones.

The only question with Dez is attitude and consistency.
  17. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I was shocked when I saw that forty-time from Julio Jones, because he doesn't seem to play to that speed.

I've likened his game to a young KeyShawn Johnson when he came out of USC. Like Johnson, Jones is a rugged receiver that understands how to position his body and get deep. Also, the 20-yard catch you see in the stat sheet was created from him catching a 10-yard in and sloughing off the first defender to gain the extra yards. He's that kind of receiver.
  18. NeonDeion21

2,136 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    Mayock just talked about how Julio did struggle with press against Peterson but did much better in bump & bail. Sterling Sharpe made the point that Asomougha and Revis are the only ones who press a ton in the NFL and will improve in that in no time.
  19. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    I knew Jones had very good speed, I take nothing away from him I think he has a bright future ahead of him in the NFL. After watching both Jones and Green I just feel that Green is the more polished WR.
  20. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,502 Likes Received
    Sharpe is an idiot. Dallas presses A LOT. In fact that's about all that Mike Jenkins is really good at. He has been terrible playing off the ball.

Rookie WRs struggle because they can't beat the press so that's what they see. So while teams generally won't press Fitz or Calvin Johnson most WRs will get pressed hardcore.

What made Randy Moss special wasn't just his height and speed but that he so easily beat press coverage. That's what most scouts missed on him and why he was rated highly but not at the generational level.

Irvin beat the press with craftiness and physical play but some beat it with quickness. The important thing is to be able to beat it and most rookies can't.